Drag select stops working sometimes

Randall Blank

Randall Blank
Sometimes I find that I can't drag-select text on the server (Windows 7 x64). It's a very intermittent thing, which just makes it more annoying. Client is OS X 10.10.

Randall Blank
OK, now I can say this is still happening with 1.7.2. (I had just installed the new version when I posted about this and wondered if I was being premature.) This morning I lost drag-select briefly, but it came back ... troubleshooting this ain't getting any easier. :(

• 6 months later...
Randall Blank
I'm running into more trouble with this, only now when it happens I can start a text selection and extend it as far as I want, but can't drag in the opposite direction to [b]shrink [/b]it. This is using version 1.7.5. While this was happening, I also couldn't drag tab stops or margins in the Word 2016 rulers. I was getting severely frustrated until I remembered this thread — and when I stopped Synergy my mouse dragging returned to normal. So far it's still behaving itself after I restarted Synergy. All of this behavior was observed within Word 2016, so I don't know if it was system wide or specific to Word. Again, this is intermittent and I can't reproduce it on demand. I thought I had asked this originally, but apparently not: Is the drag and drop feature in Synergy something that can be disabled?

Archived