CTRL ALT DEL not working on Remote PC (Server 2022)

Memphis2k

Hello,

Been a longtime user & supporter of Synergy.  Using version 3.0.77rc3 on both a Windows 10 Pro x64 (Keyboard & Mouse) & Windows Server 2022, I can't get CTRL ALT DEL to work on the remote PC (Server 2022).  It always doing it on my Windows 10 Pro machine (Keyboard & Mouse)

Googling I found one article, but its for v1 of Synergy.  I have elevated privileges set to Always.  I'm logged on as Administrator already.  I have Server 2022 set to unlock upon first boot, but if I RDP into my server, and the disconnect.... Windows locks itself and thus begins my problem of unlocking.

• 3 months later...
Thomas461

Did this ever get sorted out?  I know it has been a question since version 1.1xxx Im asking 6 months later than the previous poster. 

Memphis2k
25 minutes ago, Thomas461 said:

Did this ever get sorted out?  I know it has been a question since version 1.1xxx Im asking 6 months later than the previous poster. 

Yes.  Well I’m using the latest, V3 Ultimate.

Thomas461

What was your experience to get it work properly?  I am also using V3 ultimate with no such luck.  I am using a Mac as the master. 

• 2 months later...
Rem Wilson

I'm having similar issues with a Windows 11 and Windows 10 computer.

The windows 11 is my main setup and the 10 is the secondary computer I use for another business. The windows 10 computer is managed by the other business and when the screen locks, I need to use CTRL ALT DEL to login which just prompts the windows 11 computer to register the keystrokes instead.

It would be great if I could get the keyboard to just work across both computers regardless of their locked or unlocked state to facilitate true seamlessness. Hoping you or someone else has an answer for this issue by now.

Memphis2k

I would suggest figuring out why the keyboard mouse isn’t working first.  The CTRL ALT DEL is a whole process of steps you have to follow to get that to work.  And I believe i changed the keyboard mapping on my Server 2022 just so sequence is not the same for both computers.

See if you can ping both computers from each other.  Is it a firewall?  Managed PC’s might not let you alter the firewall settings.  VLAN issue?

Been using synergy for nearly decades and no issues getting them to talk.  But I know networks and I’m the Admin on both.

Rem Wilson

They keyboard and mouse do work on the managed PC, just not the initial CTRL ALT DEL to open the password screen.

If i understand your response right, you had Synergy remap that command to different keys for the managed server?

Unfortunately, while I have higher privileges than most of the company on the managed PC, I don't have full access, so I'm somewhat limited on messing around with settings.

Thomas461

@Rem Wilson -  I never figured my issue out.  I deprecated the software because of this single issue.  Whatever anyone has figured out is some sort of state secret that can't be divulged.  Good luck. 

• Haha 1