Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

I just installed Synergy on BigSur M1 Mac mini and it keeps forgetting my activation serial.

I had the same problem. On my main Mac (server), the activation was remembered. On the client Mac it was not.

How I fixed this  was to manually save the configuration. Synergy > Save configuration as. It then "remembered" on the next boot!!! 

18 minutes ago, Rootspear said:

I had the same problem. On my main Mac (server), the activation was remembered. On the client Mac it was not.

How I fixed this  was to manually save the configuration. Synergy > Save configuration as. It then "remembered" on the next boot!!! 

I thought this would solve it as well. But even if you tick Auto-Config it keeps forgetting it on both the client and server. 

this is for latest BigSur. 

Edited by A3igner
Typo
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what to say... I've tried out Symless off / on for the best part of a decade and each time I've sought solutions elsewhere after a brief stint, because there's always been some faff with Synergy. Till now that is! It's far from perfect, but I'm faff-free and it suffices for my simple needs this time.

The activation scenario is very tiresome, I hope someone will come along with a solution for you guys. 

FYI: auto configuration refused to work for me, both on client and server....

28 minutes ago, Rootspear said:

I don't know what to say... I've tried out Symless off / on for the best part of a decade and each time I've sought solutions elsewhere after a brief stint, because there's always been some faff with Synergy. Till now that is! It's far from perfect, but I'm faff-free and it suffices for my simple needs this time.

The activation scenario is very tiresome, I hope someone will come along with a solution for you guys. 

FYI: auto configuration refused to work for me, both on client and server....

I am not going to use this software even though it works nicely between monitors once its up and running. I will revisit it again later when they have fixed these two issues.  (1) autostart server (2) auto activate/sticky activation. In the meantime a simple USB switch for 15$ will suffice.

I fixed it by changing the configuration from “system” to “user” I think it was. I’m not looking at it right now but after that it saved. 

2 hours ago, Kimberly said:

We have found a work around that just might help you with this: 

1. Activate Synergy.

2. Go to Synergy tab on the top left corner of your mac.

3. Quit

4. Save for the user.

5. Run and Test.

Please let us know if this works for you. 

Thanks i will try it out.   It seems to have remembered the key now. I will test it tomorrow morning.

How can i make it autostart on Mac? Add it to the Startup Apps for the User in Mac Preferences?

13 hours ago, Kimberly said:

We have found a work around that just might help you with this: 

1. Activate Synergy.

2. Go to Synergy tab on the top left corner of your mac.

3. Quit

4. Save for the user.

5. Run and Test.

Please let us know if this works for you. 

Great! I can confirm that for Big Sur 11.1 on a Mac Mini (M1, 2020) this works and saves the serial key.

After you add the App to the Login Items for the User it starts up automatically for both server and client on both machines.

If i switch the client machine to auto-login then i can do away with a second keyboard on that machine.
Ideally you would want it to run as a root service already before login of a user. But your colleague said you are working on that.

This is good enough for me for now!

So Thank You Kimberly!