Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Quotes and Double Quotes on clients when using International keyboard layout with dead keys

Gildas Cherruel

This is an issue I have been having for quite a while now (maybe forever) and, until now, been lazy to report.

My setup contains 3 machines. The master is a Linux (Linux mint 19.x) and one client is Mac OS (Catalina, now) and one Windows (10 version I-don't-know-but-recent). I am a bit loose on versions, because I had older versions of these OSes before with the same problem.

When I want to type a quote or a double quote on my any of my machines, I type the following sequence: ' or " followed by a space. On the master,  it all goes well as I get ' (the quote, 0x27) and " (the double quote, 0x22), but on the Mac client I get ´ (the slanted quote, 0xB4) and ¨ (the trema, 0xA8); on the Windows client I get nothing for the single quote and ¨ (the trema, 0xA8). 

FYI, just upgraded my synergy software to 1.11.0-stable-b2173efb, no improvement.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here ! between Windows (Server) & Mac I have US International keyboard setup on both computer and accent for letters work like : á à but ' '' doesn't work ...

Gildas Cherruel

I would love to see this fixed. This has been forcing me to keep 2 keyboards on my desk for years. Which defies the purpose, eh.

Gildas Cherruel

Some changes here.

Just installed synergy 1.11.1.stable. 

Single quotes now work in my setting. Double quotes still do not work.

This is called progress. maybe something like 1.11.2 will fix double quotes?!?

• 9 months later...

I have also trouble with my setup.

MacOS Big Sur as server 1.13.0-stable-863f70a5 -> Windows 10 as client 1.13.0-stable-bdb8f767

Both are set up to use an internation keyboard with dead keys.

I can write umlauts like äÄ but cant write quotes. Not single and not double quotes, that makes it quite hard to code on the Windows machine.

If I press the quote key and then space nothing happens, while I expect that a quote appears. 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
1 hour ago, Gildas Cherruel said:

Still not working on Synergy 3.0.74.10-rc3

Thanks for letting us know. I've re-surfaced this in 3 places: GitHub repo, our internal issue tracker, and our internal knowledge base.