Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Wheel and back buttons not reliable on Linux

Indy'sITDepartment

Indy'sITDepartment

Win10 Pro (x64) wifi connected as server.
Fedora 27 wired as client.
Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard.

Wheel and back buttons not reliable on Linux machine.  Sometimes they work, other times they do not.  Not application relevant as far as I can tell.
Keyboard will sometimes skip a keystroke on the Linux machine or will repeat character from 3 to 12 times.

Both work perfectly as expected under Windows. 

Indy'sITDepartment

Updated both machines to the link you provided.  

Used shared mouse to open a document in LibreOffice Writer on client.  It is three pages long.  Mouse wheel does not work on client the machine.  

Switched to Google Chrome on the client.  Some pages will scroll with the wheel, others will not.  Example, in Google Voice, in Chrome, the wheel will go through multiple full revolutions and occasionally jump from one line to 30 lines inconsistently.

I'm not sure what else would be helpful n troubleshooting this, but I will do all I can to help.  I really like and appreciate this product.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Sorry that you're having problems. Have you contacted our support team yet? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

If you'd rather get help here on the forums, that's fine too. Please could you share your log links for all of your computers? Often people can only help you troubleshoot if you share your log links. Please make sure you share only the actual log links (not the log file contents). Here's how...

https://symless.com/forums/topic/3207-synergy-2-how-to-send-your-logs/

Indy'sITDepartment

I will get the logs posted, shortly.   And I don't mind on where I get the help.  The forums or support.  If it is more likely to be resolved via the support link, I will go there.  It's just an annoyance, at this point.