ERROR: ipc connection error, connection refused

Andre Holtshausen

I am sure someone knows what this is about. But first we need some info about your setup. Nothing too fancy: - Which Operating System is the Server? - Which Operating System is the Client? - Does the error occur on Server or Client? And, as always, complete log output at the time off error is very helpful!

ah HAH! I found it. "[b]ipc connection error, connection refused[/b]" has started occurring for me when the Synergy [b]service[/b] is [b]stopped[/b]. Note that Windows has [b]processes[/b] and [b]services[/b]. Once Synergy is installed, a Synergy service is always running, regardless of whether or not you are currently using Synergy. - In the Task Manager, go to [b]Services[/b] - Find the [b]Synergy[/b] service - Right click, and select [b]Start[/b] I am not sure why this service stopped, but hopefully starting it will immediately restore functionality. Let me know if this works.

• 7 months later...
Alfred Therien
This was my problem, too. After much frustration, followed previous poster's advice: went to Task Manager [u]Services[/u] and started the Synergy service, which was stopped, for some reason. Problem solved!

• 1 year later...

Archived