Building on Windows

9swampy

By day I'm a C#er so i'm a little out of my comfort zone and I'm following the compile instructions ([url]http://synergy-project.org/wiki/Compiling#Dependencies[/url]) but have got stuck having installed all the dependencies (although I already had Wix 3.9 installed not the 3.8 suggested - but I don't get as far as using Wix) hm conf -g1 (or any of the following options) responds with: [quote]Mapping command: conf -> configure cmake version 3.2.2 CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake). Generator changed, running setup. Running setup... Removing build/CMakeCache.txt, since generator changed. Setup complete. Entering dir: build CMake command: cmake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008 Win64" .. -- The C compiler identification is unknown -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:39 (project): No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found. CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:39 (project): No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found. -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! See also "D:/LocalVcs/Synergy/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log". See also "D:/LocalVcs/Synergy/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log". Going back to: D:\LocalVcs\Synergy Error: CMake encountered error: 1[/quote] hm genlist responds: [quote]1: Visual Studio 10 2: Visual Studio 10 Win64 3: Visual Studio 9 2008 4: Visual Studio 9 2008 Win64 5: Visual Studio 8 2005 6: Visual Studio 8 2005 Win64[/quote] ...but I've also got a full version of Visual Studio 2013 installed. [url]http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26514500/how-to-setup-cmake-on-windows[/url] suggests for CMake 3.2.2 I should be using VS 2013 which is the version installed but genlist doesn't find it. I've got VS2013 Premium installed and C++ was included in the options installed. I've tried (just for the sake of it) every hm conf -gX option, all respond as above. Update: so using the CMake GUI I've got it to build using VS12-2013 into a build subdirectory. I can open the solution generated in that build subdirectory and things looked sensible enough but when I build I get 96 errors: [quote]Error 24 error C1189: #error : The C++ Standard Library forbids macroizing keywords. Enable warning C4005 to find the forbidden macro. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\include\xkeycheck.h 250 1 arch [/quote] This should have been fixed by [url]https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4388[/url]? Update 2: So I made the change proposed to fix #4388 referenced above adding [b]/D_XKEYCHECK_H[/b] to [b]CMakeLists.txt[/b] and I get a successful build of the sln. [b][u]The Question:[/u][/b] I'm hoping to get this working on a TeamCity build configuration so having to rely on the CMake GUI isn't ideal. Any suggestions why the hm conf -gX won't work and hm genlist doesn't find the VS 12 2013 installed - even though it seems to be working with the CMake UI? After getting this far I've tried running "hm package win" to generate the installer but get [quote]D:\LocalVcs\Synergy>hm package win Mapping command: package -> dist Error: global name 'name' is not defined[/quote] Close but no cigar... any suggestions on where I've gone wrong appreciated!

Archived