Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

10.12.6 (high sierra issue)

since upgrading to high sierra (10.12.6) when my macbook pro locks as not being used synergy cant share mouse with windows or ubuntu. currently using the rc3 v1.9.0 on both macos and win 10 ubuntu is only using 1.8.8 as I cant install 1.9.0 on ubuntu 1404

has anyone else got this issue?

BYUI-PaulL

I'm seeing the same thing.  (Mac OS 10.12.6 = Client, Windows 10 = Server)  Whenever the Mac screen locks, Synergy server is no longer able to control it.  Synergy is in the list of apps allowed to control the Mac.

The Mac is also failing to remember the IP for the Server.  Each time Synergy is started I have to re-enter the IP for the Server.  Saving the configuration hasn't forced it to remember.

Mac OS 10.12.6 server and windows 10 1703 and ubuntu 1404 clients.  also seen cursor stuck in bottom right hand corner after unlocking which means I have to kill synergy on the clients to get mouse back on the server

regretting upgrading now as I have no 10.12.5 backup..... school boy error! looks like I'm going back to el captian as thats the only bootable image I have apart form 10.12.6 :(

tbf I think this is an OSX issue as my VPN drops too after unlocking and I have to re-connect

On 04/08/2017 at 4:47 PM, BYUI-PaulL said:

I'm seeing the same thing.  (Mac OS 10.12.6 = Client, Windows 10 = Server)  Whenever the Mac screen locks, Synergy server is no longer able to control it.  Synergy is in the list of apps allowed to control the Mac.

The Mac is also failing to remember the IP for the Server.  Each time Synergy is started I have to re-enter the IP for the Server.  Saving the configuration hasn't forced it to remember.

Workaround: go into on your system preferences on your mac>energy saver>tick prevent computer for sleeping automatically when the display is off and untick put hard disks to sleep when possible untick wake for wifi and tick enable power nap while plugged in

these settings are working for me, good luck

its not a fix but it will do for now :)

On 08/08/2017 at 11:24 PM, kelvintechie said:

Actually, 10.12.6 is Sierra. High Sierra has just been released as a public preview and is 10.13.

thanks for the clarification haha

Kelvin Tran
10 hours ago, judd said:

thanks for the clarification haha

No problem! I get why you got confused, it's so stupid that they called 10.12 Sierra and then 10.13 "High" Sierra. That'll get so many people confused as hell.