Drag and drop not working

Vászoly

Hi,

I have just purchased the pro version of synergy and is using it on two Windows 10 machines.

Everything is working fine however, the drag and drop function doesn't work.

Symptom:
----------------------------------------------------------------

If a drag a file to the other screen the mouse continues but I am no longer holding the files? 

Also, I cannot copy paste files either from one machine to the other.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I presume that because everything else works fine that it could just be a configuration problem.

What am I doing wrong?

As the machines are used for work it is important that this issue is resolved as soon as possible, any help would be much appreciated.  

Hi Paul!

Both machines have been rebooting multiple times for the past week, but to no effect, I haven't tried reinstalling will give it a try Monday.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

I'm having exactly the same issue, synnergy running on Mac OS as a server and using Ubuntu as a client. Would be amazing to get this to work

• 4 months later...

Nick... Have you found a solution to this yet?

I have Synergy Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 and did not purchase the upgrade because this problem wasn't addressed for so long.

The OS info: Windows 10 Home PC for Server, and Windows 7 Laptop as Client.

I managed to get the connection, and use of keyboard and mouse working but I cannot copy and paste, or drag and drop files between the two, either way. Copy-Paste of clipboard text works intermittently only. I've tried changing the logging level to Default1 and disabling SSL to no effect.

Have you managed to find a solution to this issue yet?

I'll also email you at support@symless.com. Would appreciate your help on this. Thanks.

Archived