Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Jorge Rivera
Is there a work around when one of the computers is connected to a VPN? When i work from home my work computer (Client) is connected via VPN to the company while my home computer (Server) does not, is there a way to make it work?
BJ Bowen
What VPN? Windows or Cisco? You need to enable split tunneling (if Windows VPN) or local network access (if Cisco AnyConnect VPN). Cisco VPN can block that option, however, so it might not be available. In that case you need to set the client to hit the WAN (external cable modem) IP, not the internal IP, and open a port in your router firewall to allow it to hit your server.
Dustin Goen
I have the EXACT same issue. My server is my iMac desktop and I have a Windows laptop client to access multiple VPN's for work. I'm new to using a VPN and I didn't understand how to do this..... "In that case you need to set the client to hit the WAN (external cable modem) IP, not the internal IP, and open a port in your router firewall to allow it to hit your server." Can you dumb it down for me? Thank you soooooo much!