Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Use of proxy for activation

Pierre Delporte
It would be nice to be able to use proxy parameters to activate the product. I am behind a proxy and thus I cannot activate the product as it looks like it cannot reach the activation server.
  • 3 weeks later...
Shaun Dewberry
The installer should either obey the system default proxy, or there should be a download package that bundles the ssl plugin automatically.
Craig Matthews
+1 for this. All my machines are behind a proxy, so I am unable to activate or enable encryption at the moment without going back to an older version. In needs to use the default proxy, or accept a proxy parameter in the config file or commandline. Eg. HTTP_PROXY="http://someproxyipordns:80". The linux variable convention would be fine.
  • 2 months later...
Kalle Koivisto1491392827
+1 from here as well. For plugin downloading (for now just "ns" plugin) it would be nice if Synergy would be able to use proxy when needed. I would see three common options for proxy settings: no proxy, system default, manual settings. I would assume this feature would be very welcome for a big number of business users.
Trenton Skoog
I have multiple machines at my desk at work, and I was able to get the activation to work using environment variables on OpenSuse 13.2 in Synergy 1.7.4, however on my Ubuntu 15.04, using the debian version, it is not working with the environment variables, i get a popup stating CURL error, failing to connect. It would be nice to have a alternative method to authenticate a premium license.
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Behind a corporate proxy. Is there a configuration file or anything that I can use to give the proxy information to synergy 2.0.4?

Windows 10, 8.1 and 7

Works great when I am home.

6 hours ago, krix said:

I got in touch with the Synergy team, they told me this will be available in Synergy 2.1

Thank you Krix, do you know when is the release of 2.1 going to be available?

8 hours ago, RaK said:

Hi CBBSpike, 

I failed with synergy2, too. Finally I asked the support to activate synergy1.8.8 for me, which works fine behind a proxy.

Yes Rak, I am stuck on 1.8.8 at work, but 2.0.4 works great at work.

• 3 months later...
CBBSpike

I noticed the latest version .2.0.11 has the proxy, but I cannot find any instructions on how to set it up. Anyone found those instructions?

• 3 weeks later...

There are no instructions to set it up.  It "works" (meaning it doesn't) automatically.  If you don't have a transparent proxy (ie. if you have to pass authentication parameters or something to it), there seems to be no way for it to function.