Jump to content

connection was refused


Zipproth GmbH

Recommended Posts

Zipproth GmbH
Hi, sorry for posting the same issue again, which seem to have a lot of people. In my case, after installing Synergy it worked perfectly for a couple of hours, then on the next day nothing worked. I have a Mac (OS 10.11.3), the server, and a Windows 7/64 PC, the client, running both 1.7.6 (64 Bit). The server says: [code][2016-03-27T00:05:17] NOTE: started server, waiting for clients[/code] The client says (repeatedly): [code][2016-03-27T00:05:25] NOTE: connecting to '192.168.2.103': 192.168.2.103:24800 [2016-03-27T00:05:26] WARNING: failed to connect to server: Connection was refused[/code] The Windows service is running. I 1. restarted the service (it was running correctly) 2. reinstalled both the Mac and the Windows software, 3. rebooted both systems, 4. switched auto config off (and manually entered the server's IP address), nothing changed. By the way, both systems can access each other's network shares without problems. Unfortunately I did not find any suggestions in the forum other than this, so I would be glad if someone had an idea how to get this software running again? I did not change anything after it ran, it just stopped working for no obvious reason. Regards Stefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Zach Laster
I'm in the same boat; it worked for a day or two and then just stopped. I was impressed at one point that the services restart and reconnect automatically at boot, even. Now I get the same issue as described above. I've tried explicitly allowing both the client and the server exes through my anti-virus and Windows firewalls; no change. I also tried inverting the server-client relationship. Interestingly, from that direction I got "Timed Out" rather than "Connection Refused". The devices are a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows 10 desktop. The Win7 is normally the client and producing the "Connection Refused" log message.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach Laster
I tried installing the latest beta version (from the "nightly" builds) of Synergy for windows 64bit. Worked fine on my Windows 10 computer, but the Windows 7 computer only managed the uninstall and failed on the install; it complained about rights for installing system services. I tried rebooting to find that the computer no longer would. I then spent about an hour fixing my suddenly non-booting PC. Managed to get there by replacing the registery files with the backup ones. So now it boots again and I'm back where I was before. Tried connecting again and still no dice (Win10 comp is on the beta, the Win7 is still on the current stable build). I might try installing the beta to the Win7 again, as I think the failure was actually a hardware issue, not an issue with the beta build installer, but I'll hold off until support can chime in.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach Laster
More information: I did more searching and noted that some months back people were having problems with the service stopping. I have verified that the service is running on both computers, even restarted it on both. I also tried stopping it fully before starting it again. Still no change. I'm in the process of trying a clean install of Synergy (uninstall and reinstall of the current "stable" version), but the Win7 is (again) complaining about permissions to install system services. I'm trying rebooting, and it is again seemingly getting stuck at "Starting Windows." It would seem I can't uninstall Synergy from the Win7 computer safely.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Jeff Haskin
I get the same problem exactly, and have gone through the same troubleshooting/resolution steps as users Zipproth GmbH and Zach Laster. In my case both machines are Windows 10. It worked really well in Windows 7, and for a few weeks when I upgraded to Windows 10, but broke soon after and hasn't worked since. When I reverse the client/Server relationship, the error is the same: [code] [2016-04-27T13:11:12] NOTE: connecting to '10.10.5.222': 10.10.5.222:24800 [2016-04-27T13:11:13] WARNING: failed to connect to server: Connection was refused [/code] Despite allowing the program in windows firewall, as soon as I reversed the Client/Server relationship, both computers still asked to allow a program through Windows Firewall. Interesting... EDIT: I've since tried this again, changing the IP address from a 10.10 to the 192.168 version. Now the error reads [code][2016-04-27T13:16:15] WARNING: failed to connect to server: Timed out[/code]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

My original post was 1 year and 6 month ago. This product worked for me only a couple of hours and obviously no support is offered. Please draw your own conclusions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...