Control issue with laptop and PC

mito

Hopefully someone can see this above the bot spam that has flooded these forums.

I asked a while back but never got a good answer to the following use case issue:

I have Synergy running on a laptop and my PC and generally works fine. Problem is if the host (PC) is turned on BEFORE the laptop, sometimes the mouse cursor doesn't properly map to the laptop when laptop is being run in closed lid mode (I use the HDMI port on the laptop to run a monitor). I have to reset/reboot a few times to get the laptop to behave properly and sync up the mouse.

I think it has something to do with the lid being closed and Synergy losing track of where the main monitor is so it constrains the mouse to a small part of the screen. If I open the lid, it kind of fixes itself but if I close the lid the problem can come back (sometimes a resync will fix it, sometimes not).

The guaranteed fix is to always have the laptop booted and have synergy running before I boot my PC. However, this is annoying as a lot of times I boot up the PC first and later connect my laptop. Any ideas would be cool.