Loss of connection and focus with MacOS Sequoia

KenYoshida

KenYoshida

Synergy has been working flawlessly to enable sharing of mouse and keyboard across computers (Linux host, Macos client). But after upgrading to MacOS Sequoia I've been having problems with a loss of focus of the cursor and mouse on the macos side. The mouse cursor will stop responding, and it takes seconds for it to reestablish connection. It will jump from one window to another, losing focus. Turning off synergy eliminates the focus and jumping problem on the macos side. This has made synergy functionally useless for me and am hoping that this is a bug that can be squashed.

sighallgone

I was having issues like that and then it just completely lost connection to the server and wouldn't come back.

I managed to get the connection back and a "fairly stable" connection by doing the following on my mac
System Settings -> Privacy & Security --> Local Network

In there, I revoked access to Synergy and then switched it back on. That seems to have sorted my issues. Hopefully, it will do the same for you.

I have just recently upgraded to Sequoia and have the same problem.  I tried the above and it didn't resolve the issue. I then fully removed Synergy and re-installed still no fix.

Hopefully a Synergy update is due soon with the fix!

• Like 1

I have just recently upgraded to Sequoia and have the same problem.  I tried the above and it didn't resolve the issue. I then fully removed Synergy and re-installed still no fix.

Hopefully a Synergy update is due soon with the fix!

EDIT: The "server" is a Windows 10 machine, and client is MacOS. The above occurs in this configuration. I have changed the Mac to be the server, and windows client, and for now it seems to be stable-ish. Transition between mac and windows is a bit jerky

Mostly replying to follow, as I'm also experiencing this same issue with my Sequoia client connected to a Win11 server. My Sonoma client, which is connected to the same server, has no problems.

What makes this particularly bad is that simply having Synergy running and enabled causes the mouse to jump offscreen randomly, even when using the connected mouse. Swapping the host is not feasible for my setup, so I must disable Synergy entirely on the Sequoia system.

I've tried both suggestions above, but the problem persists. Is this forum the equivalent of a support ticket, or should one be filed more officially?