Trying to connect PCs, cannot find it

Gbyrd

Was trying to configure synergy, and i have it installed on both machines however they do not show up. I have disabled all firewalls and when i manually enter the IP it shows CONNECTED but then when i click connect and authorize it wipes the IP address out and then does nothing

• 2 weeks later...
Sofiachloe
If it doesn't match, you won't be able to connect, and the network might not appear in the list of available networks.There may be many reasons for the “computers not showing up in network” issue. Problems may 2048 cupcakes  occur when trying to connect to the network or reconfigure the entire network. Another reason is  if you're on a wireless network, your computer's wireless network interface card might be turned off.Common reasons why the internet is not working. There can be a number of reasons for having no internet, even when the Wi-Fi symbol shows that you're connected. The most common cause is  but your internet can also fail because of a more technical reason.

et_phonehome_2

Check to see if the machines can ping each other.  If unable to do so, you will need to add the IPs to your firewall rules.