Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

macOS 10.14 Mojave Issues

Jayson Garrett

In another thread on September 17, Nick said they had been unable to reproduce the error we're seeing. I sent Debug2 level logs at the time, hoping that would help.

Now that there are going to be more people running Mojave, perhaps that will provide enough data to find a solution.

What I've had to do in the meantime is use a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo that uses Logitech's own software to "seamlessly" switch between up to three configured systems. It works, but I'm not fond of the particular keyboard, and the experience isn't as seamless as Logitech would like you to think. The mouse cursor often "sticks" at screen borders, making moving between systems feel like you're actually having to punch through a physical barrier between them, and sometimes it won't move between them at all. It does at least have me mostly operational, though, until Synergy is fixed.

I too just updated my iBook to Mojave before checking into this. So what I see so far.

I updated from 1.10.0 to  1.10.1 and there is no change.

For some strange reason it added 3 copies of it self to the dock so it keeps trying to log in.

I get error codes 9 and 11.

So basically I can't upgrade my Mini to Mojave until this is fixed because I actually use that machine for work.

Arnaud Chassagne

Same here, macbook pro early 2015 running Mojave and synergy 1.10.1

Log is the same as others have previously reported :

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] DEBUG: screen shape: center=-364,-1200 size=1920x2000 on 2 displays

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] DEBUG: starting watchSystemPowerThread

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] DEBUG: adopting new buffer

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] DEBUG: opened display

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] DEBUG: started watchSystemPowerThread

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] DEBUG: waiting for event loop

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] ERROR: failed to create quartz event tap

[2018-09-26T09:33:55] ERROR: process exited with error code: 11

From here: https://getsol.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2862

I just ran on my OS X client the next command:

/Applications/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergyc X.X.X.X

where X.X.X.X is my linux synergy server, and worked with no error, I can use my mouse and keyboard as normal, even when synergy "is not running", as in not showing the icon on taskbar, obviously it is running on the background.

This is a GUI issue, fortunately there is a CLI option, I had 1 week working without synergy until I got into the link above

I got it to work by just manually deleting the entry from "Apps that can control your computer", starting it up and letting it add the permission again, check the box, and start the app. Started working thankfully.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Jayce^ said:

I got it to work by just manually deleting the entry from "Apps that can control your computer", starting it up and letting it add the permission again, check the box, and start the app. Started working thankfully.

This worked for me as well! Glad to have Synergy back!

6 hours ago, Jayce^ said:

I even reinstalled, there is no entry on "Apps that can control your computer" now, it didn't got created after reinstall, buy at least I can connect with CLI. 

• 4 weeks later...
littlefixit

Finally got it working after an upgrade to Mojave. My server is on Fedora 28 (Synergy 1.10 Pro), and after upgrading to Mojave, my client (Synergy 1.10 Pro) did not work.

I received error code 4, 9, and 11 at different points in the log, but kept seeing messages that it couldn't access the process, or something like that.

To fix this issue, I verified that my hostnames were correct in my configuration (on Fedora), and verified that my connectivity was good. The server logs showed that it was waiting for clients, and the client end kept going through a retry and error loop (codes above varied depending on which thing I tweaked). Based on what I was seeing, the issue was with Mojave--so I followed the recommendation of someone above, and removed the entry from System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> Accessibility -> Synergy (Allow the apps below to control your computer). I had to click the little unlock button in the bottom left corner of the panel, and use the minus symbol to remove Synergy from the list of devices. After applying these changes, I re-launched synergy, and was met with the prompt to grant it access. I once again opened the Security and Privacy -> Accessibility panel, unlocked it, and ticked the box next to Synergy (which had been re-added, but was unchecked) to allow it to access my computer. Synergy was then able to launch in Mojave, and after restarting my Synergy server on Fedora and the client on Mojave, it connected to my server without issue.

Hi Folks,

on the mac go into Settings --> Security and Privacy --> Unlock 

then add synergy to Accessibility and Full Disk Access

restart your synergy

Mine works fine now.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 8.37.57 AM.png

WhovianJohn
On 9/27/2018 at 4:29 PM, Valor Poland said:

Got it working.. see my post here: 

Thank you for your post!  I was able to get my Synergy back up and running.  I may have waited longer to reinstall Mojave if I hadn't seen your post and others that had similar success.

VimCommando
On 10/1/2018 at 1:21 PM, Jayce^ said:

This exactly is what fixed mine. Only the Synergy entry is under "Security & Privacy" => "Accessibility". Deleting it and restarting Synergy made it work!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 6:53 AM, littlefixit said:

Finally got it working after an upgrade to Mojave. My server is on Fedora 28 (Synergy 1.10 Pro), and after upgrading to Mojave, my client (Synergy 1.10 Pro) did not work.

I received error code 4, 9, and 11 at different points in the log, but kept seeing messages that it couldn't access the process, or something like that.

To fix this issue, I verified that my hostnames were correct in my configuration (on Fedora), and verified that my connectivity was good. The server logs showed that it was waiting for clients, and the client end kept going through a retry and error loop (codes above varied depending on which thing I tweaked). Based on what I was seeing, the issue was with Mojave--so I followed the recommendation of someone above, and removed the entry from System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> Accessibility -> Synergy (Allow the apps below to control your computer). I had to click the little unlock button in the bottom left corner of the panel, and use the minus symbol to remove Synergy from the list of devices. After applying these changes, I re-launched synergy, and was met with the prompt to grant it access. I once again opened the Security and Privacy -> Accessibility panel, unlocked it, and ticked the box next to Synergy (which had been re-added, but was unchecked) to allow it to access my computer. Synergy was then able to launch in Mojave, and after restarting my Synergy server on Fedora and the client on Mojave, it connected to my server without issue.

I got it working after following these steps.

I lost Synergy with the latest update to Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1 from 10.14.0

I simply had reinstall Synergy 2.0.12-beta on both machines again (but did disable the existing Security permissions for both first.  Then when asked to grant permission on the first, it asked to install Synergy 2 on the second device, I reinstalled on the second Mac running Mojave 10.14.1 and then they both worked again!

1. Disable permission in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility > Privacy
  2. Open Synergy 2.0.12-beta on first Mac which then requests to enable permission to allow app to control computer
  3. Once it prompts to install Synergy 2 on second Mac, Install Synergy (even though app already exists, necessary to refresh awareness of each other)
  4. Open Synergy on second Mac and re-enable permissions and you are good to go (hopefully)
  • 3 months later...

Guys,

Here is amazing guide on How to Fix issue on Mojave : 

1. Reinstall from fresh

2. Remove the app from System Preferences' "Security & Privacy > Accessibility" list

3. Open the app

4. From System Preferences, enable Accessibility access, as requested

5. Back in Synergy, enable Auto Config (in Preferences)

6. Allow the client to connect (accept fingerprint on the client machine)

7. Configure server in client machine name.

• 1 year later...

From my Mac, removing the "Synergy" entry from the "Security & Privacy" setting's "Accessibility" section worked for me. Close Synergy, remove the entry, add the entry again, attempt to launch synergy, get prompted to add it, add it, then re-launch Synergy and it's working for me.

• 1 year later...

I found this fix:

1. Open up System Preferences >> Security and Privacy >> Accessability
  2. Unlock the settings here. (yes, authenticate).
  3. Uncheck Synergy from the allowed list.
  4. Check it again.
  5. Lock the settings back down again.
  6. Run Synergy.

References: https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/issues/6400#issuecomment-433627905