Copy Paste not working between Windows 10 machines

Brad Beachum

Brad Beachum
I'm new to using Synergy so maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to get copy/paste or drag and drop to work between host and client or vise versa. It will say something like grabbed clipboard from <client> to <server> in the log, but when I go to paste nothing happens with ctrl+v or using the mouse right-click context menu.

Theodore Berg-rooper
It's working for me between Client to Server, but not vice-versa. Super annoying, that's why I bought this software.

I'm running 1.8.2.

Text:

I can copy/paste text from any combination of machines (I have three Windows 10 PCs).

Image Data:

I *can't* copy/paste images (Snipping Tool, copy). It just pastes the text from my earlier test.

Drag/Drop:

I *can't* drag/drop a file from one machine to another.

I'll turn on logging and see what it says. More to come.

-Todd

When I try to copy/paste from Snipping Tool on PCA0371 (client) and then move to Pavilion (server):

[2016-08-16T12:30:27] INFO: screen "PCA0371" grabbed clipboard 0 from "Pavilion"

[2016-08-16T12:30:27] INFO: screen "PCA0371" grabbed clipboard 1 from "Pavilion"

[2016-08-16T12:30:34] INFO: switch from "PCA0371" to "Pavilion" at 1598,257

[2016-08-16T12:30:34] INFO: entering screen

I see what you mean. Copy is grabbing the clipboard from the server and not the machine that has the focus (client).

However when I copy/paste text - nothing is working now. No combination of copy/pastes from either client or server. It's confused somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same issue, I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 and have a Win7 machine running alongside. I can copy and paste from the Win7 machine to the Win10, but not the other way around, I can't copy from Win10 to Win7 which is causing me a real headache as that's more important

Alberto Cantin

I have same problem here. I cant copy from client and paste in server. But i can copy from server and paste in client. I just copy plain text. Server and client is windows 10 64 bits.