Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Free upgrade to pro makes synergy stop completely!!

Danny Carlton
I went through the instructions and ran the wizard on the three computers I use synergy on (win8.1, win7 and Ubuntu) and now synergy won't work at all. How do I downgrade back to the version that actually works?
Danny Carlton
I uninstalled, then re-installed synergy, then disabled the ssl, then restarted the service, and it seems to be working now. Wasn't the ssl the main "selling point" for the pro version (since the free pro-version doesn't come with support other than forums)?
Danny Carlton
BTW, I have my computers networked via a switcher in an intranet, so I didn't really need the ssl anyway, but the "pro" version sounded good.
Frédéric Defoy
The upgrade has not been a success for me either, my server and some clients crash and the ssl connection doesnt work, im getting ssl errors everywhere.
Squelch
Hi all. I too thought there were problems, but got it working after checking the logs. Firstly make sure your firewall has an exception for Synergy (Win7 firewall popped a window), Secondly, the client machines may throw an untrusted server error and halt. Check your firewall, and start the client again. It should pop an alert asking if you trust the server fingerprint - common for SSL I guess it depends on the systems that are being synergised(?) as to what dialogues are given, but I can assure you that a Win7 server and Ubuntu client connect without issue once the security is sorted. The logs should indicate what could be the cause. I recommend turning log to disk on and setting debug mode while setting up if problems persist.
Ver1.7.1/1.7.2 may need restart service manually. My PC didn't work after update these versions, but works after restarting background service of 'Synergy' :| SSL connection works good, too.
Terron Collier
The previous version of Synergy worked perfectly for me! I upgraded my PC (client computer) to Windows 8 and upgraded to the Pro version and now it doesn't work at all. My sever computer is a Mac. I've tried EVERYTHING and all the ideas mentioned in the forums but no luck. I even removed PRO and downgraded to an older version but still getting the same results. NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: disconnecting client "client computer" blah blah blah WARNING: a client with name "client computer" is already connected I use Synergy at work and have mentioned it to my coworkers but having multiple keyboards and mice on my desk isn't productive :(( PLEASE HELP
Disabling SSL from the interface did not work for me. [b]However, what did work is manually deleting the file below which also remove the SSL option from the interface. [/b] Looks like its just a bad plugin that can be fixed in the future through the wizard since it connects to the Synergy servers to download them. /Users/xxxx/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Hope that helps someone!
Terron Collier
I have tried everything in all the forums and still no luck :( I also reverted to 1.7.1 with no luck. I then reverted back to 1.6.3 which was working perfectly previously and that version didn't work. I am at a complete loss. after playing with a multitude of options it still gives me: NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: disconnecting client "xxxxxx"
Jake Vinson
I noted that after upgrading to 1.7.1, with the SSL option enabled, I would sporadically have the mouse kicked back to the center of the screen on the server. I.E. it would not go onto my mac (slave/client) PC, would just re-center on my Windows 7 desktop (server). After disabling SSL everything seemed to be stable, after the 1.7.2 upgrade I have not re-enabled SSL to verify the behavior still exists I may be able to test that today, not sure yet
James D Trompeter
Synergy stopped working on my machines as well. GUI hung forever, finally resoponding, it allowed me to disable the SSL option. Still can't connect other two machines. Tried uninstalling and re installing previous versions. Didn't work. Any fix in the works? Any way to revert to previous versions? :(
[quote="Squelch"]Hi all. I too thought there were problems, but got it working after checking the logs. Firstly make sure your firewall has an exception for Synergy (Win7 firewall popped a window), Secondly, the client machines may throw an untrusted server error and halt. Check your firewall, and start the client again. It should pop an alert asking if you trust the server fingerprint - common for SSL I guess it depends on the systems that are being synergised(?) as to what dialogues are given, but I can assure you that a Win7 server and Ubuntu client connect without issue once the security is sorted. The logs should indicate what could be the cause. I recommend turning log to disk on and setting debug mode while setting up if problems persist.[/quote] Unfortunately you have to be IT savvy to get it to work. Like you I eventually got it to work (its been working fine for a couple of days now, touch wood) after dealing with each error. New software always has teething problem, but more rigorous testing might have been in order in this case. I was disappointed that the installer problem was still there from my last upgrade, being retired I have the time to faff about, most people don't.
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
Hey everyone, I'm really sorry about the SSL bugs. Its a new feature which we tested it well, but what we're seeing here are the minority of cases which we didn't test. [b]Workaround:[/b] Disable SSL in Settings (until we fix the bug you're experiencing). We're working on a fix for most of the SSL bugs in 1.7.3, which we aim to release in 2 weeks: https://github.com/synergy/synergy/mile ... 7.3-stable Stay tuned! Thanks, Nick