Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 3 - Clipboard Mac -> Windows

Chris_B

When I take a screenshot to clipboard on my Mac or copy an image on my Mac and then try to paste it over on the windows side it sees there's something but it doesn't actually transfer over properly. It just never pastes. The log shows it is transferring:

image.png.20b02c4e28d76d60322c745fa006f487.png

But if I try to paste it anywhere (Discord, even the forums) image upload always just fails. I can't paste it anywhere, not in Discord not in here on the forums, not in paint, etc. 

Synergy 3.0.69.17

• 1 month later...

Same for me, but it seems to work if I paste it on the Mac first into some app that accepts it, e.g. Preview app and then paste into NextCloud Text, and then re-copy and paste it.
That looks to me as if the Macos screenshot clipboard format is somewhat not compatible to the Windows clipboard image.

Did you find any solution ?

Synergy 3.0.72.1

Edited by R. W.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Silentbob

Same for me!   using "cloud solutions" as a workaround.
I'm an ex-Mouse Without Borders user, until I was given a Macbook recently.
Would love this to work better  =( 

Even the keyboard mappings work quite well.

My setup is,  Windows 10 DELL desktop (keybrd/mouse connected) and the Macbook is the "2nd node"
2 Monitors on each.

Edited by Silentbob

Me too, but sometimes PC to Mac, other times Mac to PC.  I saw something about refreshing the network on both computers, but no info on how this is done.  Turning wifi off and on - on both does not accomplish this.

8 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

Me too, but sometimes PC to Mac, other times Mac to PC.  I saw something about refreshing the network on both computers, but no info on how this is done.  Turning wifi off and on - on both does not accomplish this.

Correction - I now see the 'refresh connection' option on the 'Manage Computers' screen within the 3 blue dots next to the detected computers.  Refreshed on both computers, for both my Mac and PC and it will now copy and paste from Mac to PC, but not from PC to Mac.  Logitech Flow still doing a better job.