Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse only works in a small area of client PC

I have set up Synergy again (After a Windows 11re-install and purchaseĀ of another computer) and everything appears to be working fine. When I start both PCs I can manage the client PC with no issues etc. However, after a while when I go back to the main server computer work there for a while and come back to the second PC I find that the mouse only works on a small area of the client PC. Basically,Ā it only recognizes the top left area, but I cannot move past it.Ā 

It's like the mouse or Synergy believes the client PC has a smaller resolution, or something around those lines. However, both the server and client computers have the same resolutionĀ 4K. The DPI scaling is exactly the same as well on both PCs.

This issue is driving me nuts, as the only way to fix it is to turn everything off and then back on to be able to control the client PC. This will only work forĀ just for a few minutes until I go back to the main one and the circle repeats.

The way it is now, Synergy is useless to me. This sucks as I used to have it on my previous setup, and it worked perfectly fine.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Eli
  • 3 weeks later...
FiddleSticks

Hi Eli,

This started happening to me after my laptop upgraded to Win 11. The workaround for me is to restart Synergy by either clicking the Apply button or Stop then Start. I usually only have to do that on the client PC, but sometimes I have to do both the client and the server to get it working again.

It'll eventually break again so it's not a great long term solution, but it gets the job done for now.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2023 at 10:37 AM, FiddleSticks said:

Hi Eli,

This started happening to me after my laptop upgraded to Win 11. The workaround for me is to restart Synergy by either clicking the Apply button or Stop then Start. I usually only have to do that on the client PC, but sometimes I have to do both the client and the server to get it working again.

It'll eventually break again so it's not a great long term solution, but it gets the job done for now.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, that doesn'tĀ fix it for me most of the time, though at times it does. I'm going to try the new Synergy 3 Beta, for which I receive an invitation a couple of days ago, to see if it's better.

Not having my hopes up too much since it appears most changes are cosmetic and interface wise and not really in the product's core.