Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy & Paste not working.

retiredInFl

Just bought Synergy (V1.1.46) "Ultimate" installed on 2 Win 11 Pro machines.  Everything is working EXCEPT copy & paste.  Is there some setting I am missing?  Tried small files, large files, different types of files.  No go.  Only reason I bought Ultimate was for copy & paste. 

Edited by retiredInFl
  • 1 month later...

Same here. I have Synergy since 10 years or so but never found copy and paste working. I bought Synergy 2 and then also Synergy Pro in the hope it will work.

Where can we find any help and solutions for this?

• 6 months later...
On 12/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, retiredInFl said:

Just bought Synergy (V1.1.46) "Ultimate" installed on 2 Win 11 Pro machines.  Everything is working EXCEPT copy & paste.  Is there some setting I am missing?  Tried small files, large files, different types of files.  No go.  Only reason I bought Ultimate was for copy & paste. 

No solution that I can see and no response from Synergy or others.

retiredInFl
1 hour ago, jmccarty said:

Yea, I am now using 3.0 and still have the same issue but I find it to be a "nothingburger" (as some (in)famous statesman once said)  😀, because I simply created a shared folder on my Mac, my Win11 laptop and my Win 11 Desktop and move files larger and faster.  Frankly, I believe they should remove that "feature" from their advertising because evidently it will never work.  That, plus their "support" takes weeks to reply.  I had asked one question a while back and it took almost a month to get an answer.

Edited by retiredInFl
3 hours ago, retiredInFl said:

Yea, I am now using 3.0 and still have the same issue but I find it to be a "nothingburger" (as some (in)famous statesman once said)  😀, because I simply created a shared folder on my Mac, my Win11 laptop and my Win 11 Desktop and move files larger and faster.  Frankly, I believe they should remove that "feature" from their advertising because evidently it will never work.  That, plus their "support" takes weeks to reply.  I had asked one question a while back and it took almost a month to get an answer.

Restarting the app on both computers works for a while, maybe half an hour, both ways, then back to only able to copy from the Mac to the PC, not the other way.  I was also using sharepoint/onedrive and that was ok, but then a few weeks ago, they lost about 3 weeks of my work when a synch issue hit the account.  MS had no way to retrieve any of it after a long wait for feedback. 

11 hours ago, jmccarty said:

I better apologise to the Synergy people; it is working well after several refresh, restarts... lets's see if it continues. It is also no mouse cursor lag at all at the interface between Mac and PC and back, which was a major issue with Logitech Flow that very happy to see is not occurring at all with Synergy.   But....about 2 hours later, back to no text following the mouse to PC!

Edited by jmccarty

Copy paste of images frequently doesn't work here either. Support said "try again, sometimes it doesn't work" (paraphrasing) and closed the ticket. I suppose intermittent functionality is not considered ticket-worthy?

• 4 weeks later...

Also having an issue with copy & paste, on synergy 1 and 3. It works for a while, say an hour or two, but then suddenly stops. I have found that changing the clipboard size will fix the issue for a while, but then it breaks again, so I find myself changing the clipboard size constantly 

Edited by Dale122
  • 1 month later...
Christopher Filkins

I've had issues with Synergy for years now with copy/paste dying on me.  Using Synergy 1, I'd have to restart the service on both machines, and it would start working again, at least for a bit...

With v3, I'm still having the same issues, but even after refreshing the connection, it will work for a few minutes before quitting.

retiredInFl

C&P has NEVER ever worked for me. Not even once.  The app itself (V3) works flawlessly between my MAC and 2 PCs but c&p has never worked.  Not a big deal though  as I have simply set up shared folders between the 3 devices which IMO is a better way anyway as there is no size limit and actually takes the same number (or less) steps.  

• 2 weeks later...

With both V2 and V3 I found that copy/paste would work from Mac to Windows, but not from Windows to Mac. After a lot of troubleshooting with Symless Support, they suggested a Settings change on Windows.

Miscellaneous features > Elevate privileges : Never

This fixed the issue for me.