Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows Host, Macbook Pro M1 client mouse lag

So after purchasing this product, I discovered that about 2-3 minutes after setting up the Synergy app on my Macbook Pro, I started getting horrible mouse lag. I looked at the Synergy help page regarding this. I didn't think it was bad WIFI as I have a pretty decent router with 1-2 wireless connections at most. I assumed it wasn't my internet as I have 500 down, 50up and at testing at the time of this problem occurring didn't show any slowdowns or ping issues. 

The article mentions something about MacOS having a problem with the WIFI hardware slowing down and to conduct a ping test. When I tried to open the Network Utility App, I was greeted with window which indicated the aforementioned Network tool is deprecated now. It directed me to either the terminal to write commands or to the Wireless Diagnostics tool. I proceeded to open the Wireless Diagnostics tool, it couldn't find any faults in my WIFI connection, but it gave me the option to monitor my wireless connection so I went ahead with that. That is when I noticed the cursor lag problem had completely gone away.

I tried to see what would occur when I would close Wireless Diagnostics program and behold, a few minutes and a restart later I had the same initial cursor lag. Repeating the processing of running the Wireless Diagnostics program and clicking on the option to monitor my wireless connection would fix the issue again. 

So my assumption is that the Wireless Diagnostics program gets the WIFI hardware in the Macbook to work at not a reduced level of performance. I tried to replicate the issue a few times for the purposes of testing and each time this method would fix the issue, although the amount of time it takes for the cursor lag problem to reoccur could vary. 

I know my testing methodology isn't perfect but what do you guys think? I'm a new user so I'm not sure how much this has been discussed or if this fix has been stated before but let me know. 

I'll also provided relevant information below.

My specs:

Host Computer
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12c 24t
Motherboard:  Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (rev. 1.0) (Bios Version F51)
Ram: 32GB 3200mhz CL16
GPU: RTX 3070 FE
Monitor: LG Class UltraGear 27GL850-B
Keyboard: Corsair K70 MKII
Mouse:  Razer Naga Pro

Client Computer
Macbook Pro 16 Inch
M1 Pro 10CPU 16 GPU cores
16gb RAM 
1tb SSD

Connection:
Host computer connected via ethernet to unmanaged Netgear gigabit switch
Client computer connected via WIFI to TP-Link AX1800 router(acting as access point), which is connected to the Netgear gigabit switch via ethernet
The Netgear gigabit switch is connected to the ISP router via ethernet cable

• 1 year later...
thirstybanana

Same issue with my. I am using a Serpent Canyon NUC Windows machine as the host and an M1 Macbook Pro and getting mouse jumps even though I am on a WiFi6 router.

• 1 month later...
Kramerica

I have the same issue. I have a PC desktop as a server and two laptops as clients – one MacBook and one PC. It works perfectly between the desktop PC and the laptop PC. However, between the desktop PC and the MacBook, the mouse cursor lags on the MacBook.