Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Regression - Can't lock cursor to current computer

Since 3.0.62.37 I've lost the ability to lock my cursor to current computer using scroll-lock.

Sadly, I can't add a hotkey for this feature contrary to what is in the release notes.

Although I choose the Lock cursor to the current computer action it still requires that I define to which single computer it will lock to as if it should be named Lock cursor to a specific computer. Sadly despite defining separate hotkeys for all my computers each hotkey locks my mouse to my the same computer. It's always my first client, left topmost, and alphabetically first one.

image.png.279b7fb35c1800e3b295a93f81ee603d.png

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

First, if you haven't, they did request that bugs be reported via support ticket. https://symless.com/synergy/contact-support?topic=Synergy+3+Alpha

Second, I reported this bug (or at least related) to them on 10/14 and have yet to hear anything. Further, v3.0.63.0 has now come out and the bug is still present.

Finally, at least in my case, position and name do not seem to be relevant. I only have two machines. It'll never lock the mouse to the host computer, and will lock it to the client. It doesn't matter which is the host. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I did submit a bugreport and got few answers but not helpful in any way.

I can confirm that this bug happens regardless of position or names of my machines and it is still in the latest build.

• 4 months later...
  • Synergy Team
Daniel Evenson

Hi all, 

Tl;DR - enable lock to screen to fix this issue.

Investigated this issue in a bit more detail, and found that in Synergy 3 Beta you need to enable lock to screen (which is off by default):

image.png.6ef0bb6045e95166278489a3b2727ca5.png

What was happening is that when Relative mouse moves is enabled, it's possible to create a hotkey to lock to screen and use it on clinet computers (when it should not have worked at all).

We are making some changes in the next release to enable lock to screen by default (and renaming it to "lock to screen" as the setting affects scroll lock and hotkeys, not just scroll lock).