Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Dragging a browser window over

dynamicapproach

dynamicapproach

Synergy3 is fantastic but missing some things.

Loving using it so far, works amazing. Mouse DPI settings even can change on the fly which is awesome. Would really love to see certain - eg. dragging a browser window over and having it open. Currently it just snaps back instantly to the main monitor; ideally it would close/minimize the browser and execute a new one on the other PC with a hyperlink to the same tab and (maybe, if possible?) include cookies.

Small files like tiny images would be great if that worked too with just a drag and drop

• 3 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 9/27/2022 at 3:59 AM, dynamicapproach said:

Would really love to see certain - eg. dragging a browser window over and having it open.

Yeah, that'd be cool. We did think about maybe making a Chrome/Firefox extension which works with Synergy to make this work. I think that'd be cool to do some day.

Small files like tiny images would be great if that worked too with just a drag and drop

Drag and drop is something we want to get working properly, as right now it's only experimental.

• Nick Bolton changed the title to Dragging a browser window over

For the time, would it be possible to prevent the mouse from going over the screen border while you are dragging something? It's quite annoying if the mouse goes over the border while I'm dragging an item or a window near the screen border, i.e. when trying to snap a window to the side. Something as simple as preventing the switch while a mouse button is pressed down, would greatly improve the user experience IMO.

• 5 months later...
hobbit1974

I agree with @hdd113 - it keeps happening to me all the time - I'm dragging something to another screen within the same machine, and if I accidentally drag it over the synergy border, it drops the window right there, making it hard to restore the window. So perhaps a switch to disable drag-and-drop altogether would hugely improve the UX.

• 1 month later...
Mr. Villagran

I second that suggestion. Frequently try to snap windows to the screen edge that is next to my other computer's screen and I accidentally mouse over. A tip for the meantime is to use the lock mouse to screen feature (scroll lock to toggle, by default). I see it is also an action assignable via hotkey.