Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

MacOS Ventura Beta

• 3 months later...
John Colombo

I'm having an issue where the screensaver won't close if I have Synergy running, only on macOS Ventura Beta.

I'm using an M1 iMac running as client of a Windows 10 server. If Synergy is running and the screensaver starts, moving the mouse shows the cursor over the screensaver but does not dismiss the screensaver. No hot keys or other methods work to dismiss the screensaver; I have to hold down the power button to restart the machine in order to use it again.

I'd love to continue using Synergy with macOS, but have needed to disable it for now due to this issue.

11 minutes ago, John Colombo said:

I'm having an issue where the screensaver won't close if I have Synergy running, only on macOS Ventura Beta.

I'm using an M1 iMac running as client of a Windows 10 server. If Synergy is running and the screensaver starts, moving the mouse shows the cursor over the screensaver but does not dismiss the screensaver. No hot keys or other methods work to dismiss the screensaver; I have to hold down the power button to restart the machine in order to use it again.

I'd love to continue using Synergy with macOS, but have needed to disable it for now due to this issue.

I'm sure you know this, but you can disable the screensaver and also check your sleep mode in settings. Using hot corners you can set it up to dismiss the screensaver when you move the cursor to one of the corners maybe that will bypass the issue. Check out this article: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/350488/screen-saver-stuck-on-how-to-escape

Edited by AliceNoel
  • 1 month later...
John Colombo

Thanks @AliceNoel! Unfortunately, I'm on an IT-managed system and cannot disable the screensaver. Sleep mode causes this M1 iMac to emit a beeping sound that drives me bonkers, so that isn't a viable option either. I did try the hot corners, but they also appear to be affected by this bug and don't work at all if I'm running Synergy.

I'm now on the latest Ventura Beta (version 4, I believe?) and still experiencing this issue. If any user or developer is aware of a fix or workaround, I'd be very thankful. I'm using Synergy 1.14.5-stable-1b7140f2.

Cheers,

- John