Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.14.3 - WARNING: cursor may not be visible

Just updated to the latest stable version 1.14.3 and since then I've had the curser disappear when switching specifically from my macbook (client) to my work pc (server). I can make the cursor reappear on the work pc after I continue to drag the curser over the "dead space" between the screens, but it's as if synergy thinks my macbook display is larger than it is, and there's an invisible gap that I have to drag the cursor through each time. What's also weird is I don't see this happen with my other personal PC. The cursor immediately switches to the other screen (as configured in my settings). Anyone have tips or a solution to this? Doesn't exactly reduce functionality but definitely is annoying when I lose my cursor between screens.

Here's the macbook log (client):

1436205459_PastedGraphic.jpg.0392475b7b7f6b58bddeb21e20675be2.jpg

This is my server configuration:

image.png.c88991345c68cee4f6d035a70f6f8796.png

Jayson Garrett

I just began experiencing this issue yesterday, as well, after attempting to create a new Synergy 1.14.3 setup using an Apple Silicon iMac as a server, to a Windows 11 machine as the client. It's maddening. Your description is exactly how I perceived it... as if the cursor was traveling over some "blank space" between the server and the client, with the "cursor may not be visible" message appearing in the log, and when the cursor finally appears on the client, it seems to be somewhere around the middle of the screen. FWIW, I have the iMac's Retina screen set to be scaled to an apparent resolution of 1280x1024, and the client's monitor is also 1280x1024 (native resolution).

Jayson Garrett

@jaw007 And my issue turned out to be that I’d previously had an external monitor attached to the iMac, but when I disconnected it, I left the Belkin USB-C / HDMI adapter attached to a Thunderbolt port on the iMac, which made the computer think the monitor was still attached, even though it wasn’t, and the missing monitor was acting as 1280x1024 worth of dead space between the visible iMac monitor and the Windows monitor.

• 1 year later...