Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Latest Synergy 1.14.3 Unregistered on : Linux Mint 20.3 Una base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

Christian Hinse

Install of Synergy 1.14.3 goes thru normally but never asks for the licence number and remains totally inactive when starting. This Mint system ( Linux Mint 20.3 Una base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal ) was functioning properly with Synergy 1.11 before upgrade of Mint to Una and Synergy to latest version ( synergy_1.14.3-stable.218fa800_ubuntu20_amd64.deb). Synergy window starts but is totally inactive; so  I cannot provide a log. What is the solution to this problem? I already opened a ticket with Symless. Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Daniel Evenson

Hi Christian,

Checking in to hear if you are still experiencing this reported issue?

Christian Hinse

I just tried it again and it worked properly and shows that it is licensed. I don't know exactly what caused the problem. It was probably corrected by applying the updates to the Mint system and restarting. But I still have a problem, probably more an incorrect setting. I would like Synergy to start automatically as a client (using the mouse and keyboard of another PC, in my case a Windows 10 PC) and I cannot find the proper setting to do this. Please help.

suprkain
4 hours ago, Christian Hinse said:

I just tried it again and it worked properly and shows that it is licensed. I don't know exactly what caused the problem. It was probably corrected by applying the updates to the Mint system and restarting. But I still have a problem, probably more an incorrect setting. I would like Synergy to start automatically as a client (using the mouse and keyboard of another PC, in my case a Windows 10 PC) and I cannot find the proper setting to do this. Please help.

So you want the Client device, which is a Linux Mint system to start automatically.  Is this correct?

Christian Hinse

Yes, I want the client device on the Mint system to start automatically. I think it could be done with the Mint system, but is there a way to do it in the Synergy application software? Thanks for your help.

suprkain
9 hours ago, Christian Hinse said:

Yes, I want the client device on the Mint system to start automatically. I think it could be done with the Mint system, but is there a way to do it in the Synergy application software? Thanks for your help.

I've never had luck doing it through the Synergy software on a linux client.  I have gotten it to work after login but not before.  I did this by adding the application to the start up application settings.

When you go to the Start Applications settings go to the Command option and enter:

/usr/bin/synergyc -f --no-tray --debug INFO --name <NameOfComputer> --enable-crypto --tls-cert /home/<user>/.synergy/SSL/Synergy.pem 192.168.1.107:24800

Replace <NameOfComputer> with the name of the client device. 
Replace <user> with the appropriate name.

I hope this helps.

Christian Hinse

Hey! Great! Now at least I have a solution that will allow me to simply start my Mint PC. And then I will be able to control it from my Windows PC. I won't have to put the physical Mint keyboard an mouse on my desk to start Synergy. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day.

• Like 1