Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Problem Connecting to Server (The requested address is a broadcast address, but the appropriate flag was not set)

Çağlar

Hi there;

I work at home and need to use the company computer with my personal computer. I've used other kvm apps for this before and it was working. However, all of a sudden I couldn't connect to the company computer.

I was trying to create synergy to find a solution to this.
The same problem continues.

My company computer is using globalprotect vpn.
In addition, McAfee firewall is used.

WARNING: failed to connect to server: The requested address is a broadcast address, but the appropriate flag was not set

• Synergy Team
Daniel Evenson

Hi Çağlar, I believe I may have answered your question in a support ticket, but just in case I will also response here.

I believe the reason why you are seeing this error may be due to the globalprotect VPN is blocking local (LAN) traffic. Synergy communicates with devices over the local network, and if the VPN is refusing local connections, then unfortunately Synergy will not work.

If the VPN program has an option to allow local traffic or allows/supports split tunnelling, then the VPN can be configured to allow Synergy.

If you require any further assistance please feel free ask here or open a support ticket - https://symless.com/synergy/contact-support