Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

New User - Share 1 monitor with Mac & Windows

Hi,

I would love to share 1 monitor with both mac and windows seamlessly using Synergy. Is this possible? If yes, then How can I setup this? 

I am new to synergy. I managed to get keyboard and mouse to work.... However, I still struggle with Hashtag on windows... Mac seem to with opt+3...  Backslash doesn't seem to work as hashtag on windows. I don't know if the issue is with keyboard or the connection thru synergy. As it used to work on it's own when using with Windows laptop. Mine is productivity setup not for Gaming.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sudha

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Daniel Evenson

Hello Sudha,

It's possible to share keyboard/mouse with Synergy across devices, but switching the video input requires hardware (switch or splitter cable etc.). Although it seems you have found a solution for that part of your question.

With regards to keys, it may be related to international keyboards. To help could you please more information about the keyboard language layout as well as which version of Synergy you are using (for all devices). A quick guess is that the client has a different keyboard layout set in the operating system. Please feel free to open a support ticket if you want to share further information, but not in a public forum - https://symless.com/synergy/contact-support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Daniel Evenson

Thanks Eli 😀

It's quite normal for Macs to use Displayport, however, I believe they function better through Thunderbolt 3/4. 

Also Sudha, let me know if you need help with the international keyboard setup. Happy to help if you still need it😀

• Like 1