Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client loses focus on login

Hello,

I've searched for this topic but no luck. My issue is that the mouse/kb keeps reverting back to the host machine during the login after the machines have either been locked or asleep (it doesn't matter which). It takes up to three or four times before the client takes back focus but then it works fine until the next time computer goes to lock screen.

It's not a deal killer but kind of annoying to have to keep switching back when starting a session. Clients is running windows 10 and the host is Windows 11.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mito, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Are you using the latest version of Synergy on both devices? 

When the computer locks do you have to use the client's mouse keyboard to unlock it? 

Hello, I just bought the software last week and installed on both machines at same time, so it should be latest unless an update snuck in the past couple of days. The problem is that the focus keeps going back to host three to four times before settling down and then I can use host keyboard fine. It's just an annoyance as I said, not a deal breaker.

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, mito said:

Hello, I just bought the software last week and installed on both machines at same time, so it should be latest unless an update snuck in the past couple of days. The problem is that the focus keeps going back to host three to four times before settling down and then I can use host keyboard fine. It's just an annoyance as I said, not a deal breaker.

Same thing happens here. Reading around other users  experiences, It looks like this is a lingering issue that has been around for quite some time. 

On 2/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, mito said:

Hi, not sure if you had this problem resolved already, but just in case, for you or anyone else looking for a solution to this bug the solution can be found right here.

• Like 1