Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

random mouse moves

I have the following setup with Synergy 1 Pro:
[Windows 11] [MacBook Pro (11.6.1)] [Mac mini (10.15.7)]

The server is installed on the Mac mini.
There are some random mouse moves:

• when moving the mouse up/down on the MacBook, the mouse also moves up/down on the Mac mini. Although the mouse pointer is only visible and active on the MacBook, this is noticed when e.g. a webpage with links is open on the Mac mini as links are hoovered. 
  • when logging into the Windows 11 desktop, I click on the screen to get the logon view (i.e. to enter the PIN). However at the moment the logon screen appears the mouse is moved back to the Mac mini (server) and thus typing the PIN for Windows 11 is done on the Mac mini.

Other than these quirks, all seems to work fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here with Mac Mini as server. On server it appears as if I'm hovering over links and other interactive elements either from Web page or apps running on the Mini. Can't see the cursor on server as expected but its pretty distracting.

Running the latest version of Server and client. I did report this to support and no fix at this time. Hopefully in a newer version.

M1 Mini, with Mac OS 12.1, Client Big Sur 11.6.x, Synergy 1.14.2 on both client and server. I don't recall seeing this when I was running server on Windows 10 system.

• 1 month later...
walterhpdx

For me, randomly (every couple of hours) the mouse will jump from what I'm doing on my work laptop or Plex server (both clients), and focus is suddenly on my server. There is no rhyme nor reason. It's completely random.

• Like 1
walterhpdx
16 minutes ago, walterhpdx said:

For me, randomly (every couple of hours) the mouse will jump from what I'm doing on my work laptop or Plex server (both clients), and focus is suddenly on my server. There is no rhyme nor reason. It's completely random.

And I just caught the error: 

[2022-03-18T14:01:10] ERROR: eof violates tls protocol

[2022-03-18T14:01:10] NOTE: client "MMMediaServer.local" has disconnected

[2022-03-18T14:01:10] INFO: jump from "MMMediaServer.local" to "WHH-Mac-Mini-2021.local" at 960,540

[2022-03-18T14:01:10] INFO: entering screen

[2022-03-18T14:01:11] INFO: accepted secure socket

[2022-03-18T14:01:11] INFO: network encryption protocol: TLSv1.3

[2022-03-18T14:01:11] NOTE: accepted client connection

walterhpdx

I missed the first line of that: 

[2022-03-18T14:01:10] ERROR: tls error occurred (system call failure)

[2022-03-18T14:01:10] ERROR: eof violates tls protocol

I've updated to the latest 1.14.3 that came out recently and still seeing the issue, so it hasn't been fixed as I was hoping.

Yes it is very distracting.

• Sad 1
walterhpdx

At least on macOS, I think this issue is related to the macOS/iOS/iPadOS "Handoff" feature.  Ever since I turned Handoff off (which is under System Preferences -> General) I haven't had random mouse jumps from my work machine.  The Handoff feature controls a bunch of stuff, including a shared clipboard.  I think this issue has something to do with shared clipboard/Handoff and maybe clobbering something within Synergy.

anthonypants

I've also been using Synergy with a Windows server and a macOS client, and I'm constantly getting what are reported as TLS errors on Windows, and "process exited normally" on macOS. If Handoff is the culprit, that may also explain why sometimes clipboard sharing breaks...

anthonypants

...unfortunately, it doesn't resolve the issue. But I did notice that Windows version is using OpenSSL 1.1.1m and the macOS version is using 3.0.1, maybe that's something.

• 4 weeks later...
walterhpdx

It is NOT resolved, and it's getting worse for me.  I recently switched (Synergy bug using UTM software) so that my work laptop is "Server" and my Mac Mini & Plex servers are Clients.  All I'm doing on my Mac Mini is editing a Wordpress page, and FOUR TIMES IN ONE SENTENCE the mouse jumped back to my work laptop.  Previously I said it was happening once every few hours?  Now it's half a dozen times an HOUR.

walterhpdx

I FIGURED THIS OUT!  At least partially.

This happens on one of my clients 100% of the time when holding down a keyboard key, including backspace/delete, arrow keys, etc.  This is 100% repeatable for one of my systems, though I have no idea why it's not repeatable on my second client.  But at least I now have the trigger.

Can someone else who is experiencing this issue please confirm on your own system if it's the same?

• Like 1
walterhpdx

So Symless folks - What do we need to get you to recreate this? Do you want logs, etc or are you good/can you recreate this on your own?

• 2 months later...
anthonypants
On 3/25/2022 at 10:23 PM, anthonypants said:

...unfortunately, it doesn't resolve the issue. But I did notice that Windows version is using OpenSSL 1.1.1m and the macOS version is using 3.0.1, maybe that's something.

I was really hoping that 1.14.4 would have resolved the TLS errors (reported via the patch notes as memory leaks), and while it appears that on this version they seem to be much less frequent, they are, unfortunately, not completely alleviated.