Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ERROR: failed to load plugin 'ns.dll', expected version 1.3

Brady Lamprecht
I was running version 1.7.3 and it was working just fine but noticed that 1.7.4 was released and figured it would make sense to upgrade to the latest (should have known better). After the upgrade, I get the following message in the log on the server "ERROR: failed to load plugin 'ns.dll', expected version 1.3 but was unknown". I tried removing the Synergy all together and then re-installing 1.7.4 but the same issue occurs. I tried to find where to download 1.7.3 again as I didn't keep that version around (again, should have known better), but was unable to located the compiled binary for Windows x64. I'm stuck with a not-working installation of synergy that I depend on. I'd like to request that once newer versions are released, the older binaries (at least for one previous version) are maintained. I also noticed that on the "Download" page, all of the links for the various system architectures link to synergy-v1.7.4-[b]rc8[/b] NOT synergy-v1.7.4-[b]stable[/b]. Please help by either re-posting 1.7.3 or fixing 1.7.4 (possibly linking to -[b]stable[/b]).
Brady Lamprecht
The previous version (1.7.3) was finally re-posted under the [url]http://synergy-project.org/download/?alt[/url] page. After removing 1.7.4 and re-installing 1.7.3, I now get the message: ERROR: failed to get desktop path, no drop target available, error=2 FATAL: failed to start server: cannot bind address: The specified address is not available from the local machine ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped Again, I should have known better than to mess around with with a stable and [b]WORKING[/b] installation of Synergy. That being said, anybody have an idea on how to repair my installation?