Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Inverted Scroll Direction

Nathan Peacock

Why is my scroll direction inverted on clients? All my Mac and Windows PCs are set to natural scrolling and the scroll direction works correctly when using the local mouse/trackpad, but synergy is inverting the scrolling direction on all my clients. This seems new since upgrading to 1.14.x (I think). This used to work fine but not anymore.

Has anyone else noticed this?

seamstress celery

Here as well. All good on the server (win), but inverted on the client (mac). Have to uncheck natural scroll on the mac for it to work. mildly irritating.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard same here. I just downgraded from Synergy V2 to V1 since V1 now has the ARM64 client. All Mac set up with an Apple Magic Mouse, and the mouse works fine on the master computer, but not the clients.  This is kind of frustrating, especially since there's no way to change it on the client computers.

Yup, same here. Running two machines, an M1 Mac mini as the primary and an '18 macbook pro as the client. I use a Logitech MX Master 3 set to Natural on all machines. Client keeps ignoring the settings and reverts to Standard. It's incredibly frustrating, to the extent that I will be dropping this software if a solution is not presented soon.

After yesterday's uninstall of V2 and reinstall of V1, yes, there's the inverted scroll issue. I went back to an old wired mouse with a scrollbar.  I set up "Scroll Direction" as "Natural" on the master.  It's respected on my first client, a 2017 rMBP running MacOS 12.1.  However, on my second client, a 2010 Mc Pro running 10.13.6, the setting is NOT respected.  So no matter what I do - Apple Magic Mouse or standard mouse with a scrollwheel - it's not functioning properly.

• 1 month later...

Hi, @Kimberly - I haven't downgraded yet, but more mouse "oddities" (like random double-clicks when I'm single clicking) is pushing me closer. Before I do, I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing clicking issues like I am, and am wondering how long an update might be.  Like, if 1.14.3 will be out in a week and it fixes the inversion and other issues, I'll limp along until then. Otherwise, I'll downgrade.

stormsilver

Oh man I'm glad to see this. I assumed it was something wacky with the Windows 11 upgrade and I've been over here hacking on the registry like a madman trying to fix my scroll direction.

stormsilver

Can confirm that downgrading to 1.14.0 Mac server fixed the scroll direction on my Windows client (which I left on 1.14.2). Support was quick to respond with the downgraded binaries.

• 3 weeks later...

How is this still an issue?!?!?!?! I recently upgraded to 1.14.2 on both machines, in hopes of finding a solution for the ghost mouse activity on my second screen, and found that the mouse still inverts. Seriously, why did I pay for this software if you're not going to update it to work properly. Super annoyed that this is still an issue and that I have to waste time downgrading again. I'm sure there are other engineers in this thread, please, copy this product and make a better version. I'll gladly dispute the charge for this software with my credit card company, get my money back, and give it to you. 

Just upgraded to 1.14.2 on Mac (and Fedora) today and encountered this, too. From prior updates in this thread, I sent email to Support asking for downgrade to 1.14.0.

• 2 months later...

I just had this issue after installing 1.14.3 on a Ubuntu machine as the server. Make sure you update all clients to to 1.14.3 as well. My Mac had the scrolling issue and I noticed I still had it running 1.14.2. Upgrading the Mac client fixed the issue for me.