Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Troubleshooting help: server and client

So I just purchased the software and I am having issues connecting when my server is a Windows 10 machine and my client is Macbook Pro.  Interestingly, when the situation is reversed, the connection works perfectly - no issues.  In the log it says connection timed out in the client.  The server log is empty (e.g it doesn't detect that anyone is trying to connect).

Interestingly, if I try to connect using windows powershell to itself, it works: 

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName <hostname or IP> -Port 24800

But when I try to connect to the windows 10 from my MacOS terminal:

openssl s_client -connect <hostname or ip>:24800 

It times out again.  Straight up pinging the server works.  So I think there is a problem with the windows firewall (I tried disabling windows defender, no luck) or something in the MacOS network rather than the software.  However, the weird thing is that the reverse works perfectly, so it's not like a weird network policy at my work - the problem has to be local to one of the two machines.

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by lokhtar

I also tried at home to connect my MacBook to a windows 10 server and that also worked perfectly.   So the problem has to be local to my windows machine!  But I don’t know how to fix it   - disabling the windows defender completely doesn’t work.

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by lokhtar
  • Like 1