Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Has anyone tried Synergy 1.14 on Mac OS Monterey (12.0 beta)

John Kenneth Fisher

John Kenneth Fisher

Obviously Monterey is a brandy new beta and I have no right to expect Synergy to work on it, and I have no problem with that - I was just wondering if anyone could share anecdotally if it worked for them if they installed the OS beta.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I am on it now with mac server and windows client. It mostly works but losses connectivity often. When you move back to the client computer it does reconnect but it is less than Ideal.  I would  not update to Monterey if the computer is mission critical

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, im actually using Synergy 1.14 stable on the Mac os Monterey beta 3 (on the server) and with clients still in big sur, no issues by now.

Im just installing the betas just to have the universal control to manage my ipad, but the main issue is that it seems to be only for M1 processors macs, so...

SYMLESS GUYS! please we need SYNERGY working on ipados... that would be great for the Intel macbook users like us that we aren't goin' to buy a new macbook for just one feature.

Regards from Argentina. 

• 3 months later...

Personally, I am finding performance under Monterey (12.01) Synergy 1.14.1-stable quite bad.

Lots of lagging, and loss of connectivity, and that is using an Ethernet cable only - on Wifi, it was unusable.

Prior to the upgrade to Monterey, I was experiencing none of these issues.

Clearly the cause will be the change that Apple introduced, just looking to understand if Symless or the community have any advice ?

• 2 months later...

I am attempting to connect two MacBook Pros both running Monterey - one running 12.1 and the other 12.2, and it is not working at all. Even when I plug one computer into ethernet, I am unsuccessful.

Can someone please advise?

• 1 month later...

Does Synergy still not play nice with MacOS Monterey?  I've been holding off on updating my OS because of this, but I noticed that the latest release does finally support Monterey (at least according to the release note).

It generally seems to be better for me now - Synergy 1.14.3-stable on Monterey 12.2.1(Intel Mac).
Occassionally I seem to have a synching fit, and everything freezes for a moment, but then comes back. My "server" and client are on the same lan segment (same ethernet switch), so it is not a network issue.

Edited by ShaneH
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...