Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Help: Client Freezes Every Minute or So For a Few Seconds

Good Morning Everyone,

I have had this problem in the past, and I dont recall if I ever figured out how to fix it or if I just gave up. Now I am back using Synergy and I downloaded the newest version to see if it would alleviate the problem, but it has not.

The Problem: When using the client computer, typically playing a game, the client freezes (the screen freezes completely along with the mouse, but I can use the mouse back on the server again) for a few seconds to about 10 seconds every minute or so, basically making playing a game on that computer impossible. I cannot figure out how to fix the problem. The client says nothing in the log other than that it was disconnected and then it reconnects. The server will say the other computer (Client) is dead and then reestablishes a secure connection with it shortly after.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix the problem? Any bit of information will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Also, I just noticed while waiting, my client computer does not appear to freeze thus far when my mouse and keyboard are not focused/used on that computer. Not sure if that helps figure out the issue.

tim_grove

I have this exact problem. Takes about 2 mins for the cursor to re-appear on the server. Seemingly the server is hanging, when the cursor comes back the log adds about 6-8 entries containing "accepted client connection" then "new client disconnected". Massive pain, if anyone has a fix for this please let me know. It is embarrassing being on a video call and telling clients they have to wait 2 minutes while my mouse cursor reappears.