Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Gaming Mouse / Mice with 12 button Thumb keypad means cursor jumps on Client computer

riccardo_baci

Hi all, I'm having this issue. Have had it for many years on many versions of Synergy 1. Currently running Synergy 1.13.0 on both a Mojave 10.14.6 server and a Big Sur 11.1 Client.

I've tested a fair bit before posting.

When i have a Razer Naga or a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite connected to server as the mouse, then switching over to the client means the cursor will jump screen position on the client randomly every 5-10 secs. it will also randomly jump back onto the server. This makes working on the client side incredibly difficult and frustrating as you can't trust where your cursor will be.

I have had a magic trackpad 2 connected to the server as well, and moving cursor from server to client with trackpad, and using trackpad on client does NOT produce these results. I have also connected an Apple Magic Mouse and a Logitech Mouse to the server and using these on the client does NOT produce these results.

The issue is specific to the Razer and Corsair mice which both have 12 button Thumb button grids on the left hand side. From looking into the way the OS reads these devices, it seems to register the Thumb Grid as a separate keyboard in some cases.

The Razer mouse was connected with out any Razer config software installed on either server or client. Corsair had iCUE installed on Server. Not Client. I've tried in various configurations with each cursor moving device connected in isolation, and also with all devices connected at once. I have a number of helper utilities installed such as BetterTouchTool, SteerMouse Karabiner Elements etc... and i have tried to isolate by killing these apps one at a time in Activity Monitor to see if they may be the cause.

The problem remains regardless.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Can Synergy possibly look into this?

Many thanks all.

• 1 month later...
Delos Wilbur

Not sure if you ever got an answer but I have this same issue with the client screen jumping but didn't think it might be the mouse. I do use a 12 button mouse also though (Redragon one).  Anything ever come of this? 

riccardo_baci

Not heard a single thing from anyone yet. Which is incredibly disappointing. As is the money I gave them for Synergy 2 back in 2017, only to now see that its been discontinued...

I have the same problem with my Razer mouse and it has to do with Razer software and how it stores your key binds. All your key binds are stored on Razers cloud so it gets a little flakey between machines even with the software on both for the mouse. I have an old N52TE keypad that stores the profile on the device and have no issues using that between machines.

• 2 weeks later...
riccardo_baci
On 4/19/2021 at 8:59 PM, Nico M said:

Synergy does not currently mice with additional mouse buttons, as that is planned for a future version of Synergy.

I can go ahead and log this as a bug for you, but we most likely won't start working on this until the next version of Synergy. 

The roadmap for that can be found here: https://symless.com/synergy/roadmap

Thanks for reply @Nico M. Please do log as a bug. It's a weird one. I've been using Synergy for last 6-7 years i think, and have been using Gaming Mice with 12 button Thumb grid the entire time. On some versions of Synergy there have been no problems and mouse movement is smooth and accurate with no cursor jumping. On others, the issues i reported in original post on this thread are present.

I haven't been able to use Synergy effectively though since at least August / September last year. However i haven't kept a strict log of what versions i have been using across that time period. However as soon as i see a new version i update in the hope that this issue will be fixed.

When you say "we most likely won't start working on this until the next version of Synergy." Do you mean the next full version release or the next 1.13.x release?