Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

macOS Big Sur with macOS Big (Both V11.1)

Hi guys,

After reading several topics and checked on Discord, I couldn't see anything to fix my problem: Failed to connect to server: unknown reason. I'm sorry if the solution is somewhere in the forum.

After checking a few things on the web, both Firewalls are OFF. It worked within minutes after installation but for unknown reason, it stopped after a few hours. Doesn't want to connect since.

As a day trader, I'm working with a few computers but for now, I would like to have Synergy working on 2:

TRADING-STATION and Server and Trading-2nd as Client. Here's what I get on the SERVER after clicking START:

image.thumb.png.a16da1c440a757e6ed5d98ba6ae7afd8.png 

Here's what I get on the CLIENT side after clicking STOP: 

image.thumb.png.cecd9868861692fb1210c8226f4c0268.png

Server is seeing Trading-2nd and Trading2 because I renamed it using letters and numbers. Now the server sees both... Talking about seeing, both computers are detecting each other so that's why I really don't understand why it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Minution

Hello @MinutionI am here to help.

I am sorry to hear that you are having connection issues but, can you please go to Synergy settings on both machines and turn off auto config and try?

This should fix the issue you have.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi @Alexey Pilyaev,

Thanks for your reply!

I've started Synergy on both Mac, made sure both had auto config set to off and after clicking START on both, I'm still getting that Failed to connect to server: unknown error on Client,  and on Server, it stays at starting cocoa loop.

It looks like I'm going to need more help from here!

Thanks again,

Minution