Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

App loses config and activation on open every time

Both versions 1.12 and 1.13

I was trying to look at some settings to help a friend with Synergy. I didn't change anything, and then tried to close out of the settings. I clicked cancel, but the window kept popping up and wouldn't let me cancel 3 times. Knowing I didn't change anything, I tried hitting 'save' to get the box to go way. This broke my initial settings. I then tried to close the app and reopen (Since it's no where to be found in my system tray) and the app booted into first time setup, asking me to activate. 

And now both PC's save no settings, and ask to be setup and activated every time I open it. Even if I set elevate>always and minimize to system tray, it never does. I can't get the PC's to reconnect again. 

PC 1 shows 'synergy is waiting for clients', but anytime I hit 'start' on PC 2, it rejects the connection trying to use both IP address and hostname. 

After server is already running, I click 'start' on client PC and i get the confirmation 'synergy is now connected...'

image.png.683cbb9ac86299db5c3aced5944e45f5.png

and now even though it detects the other PC, it just keeps saying 'client is disconnected' every second. 

image.png.7e615011c7a806c455fbe59c8012708f.png

Client PC:

1164052328_Screenshot2021-01-04015701.png.386df08b1474c91461935b2e9e92d5b0.png

Hello @nv349761

Thank you for your post. 

Basically, the issue with activation has been fixed in 1.13 and now its working good. 

Regarding your error Connection refused: Can you please make sure that you have the same Client name under Client Settings and Server Config Settings? 

If it still will not work for you, please email [email protected] and we will help you. 

On 1/6/2021 at 7:54 AM, Alexey Pilyaev said:

Hello @nv349761

Thank you for your post. 

Basically, the issue with activation has been fixed in 1.13 and now its working good. 

Regarding your error Connection refused: Can you please make sure that you have the same Client name under Client Settings and Server Config Settings? 

If it still will not work for you, please email [email protected] and we will help you. 

As mentioned in the post, I upgraded both machines to 1.13 and am still having the issue. 

I will email support. Thank you. 

Hello,

Just purchased the software today and had the SAME issue on the server side.  Very repeatable ( tried 10/15 times with various process changes, etc).  I am running the 1.13 stable version.  I resolved this by running/starting it w/admin rights.  After this, and after saving the "settings to the computer" since it was losing my client information, the activation key would stick AND the software would not try and re-install.  Not sure why, but this not an issue now.

Just wanted to share - let me know if I can help - thanks,

DaveR

Ahhhhaaaa - another important piece of information.  I noticed that it is writing the configfile info to my download folder:

C:\Users\<MyNameHere-DaveR>\Downloads\SystemConfig.ini\Synergy

This is probably not where you meant to have the config file stored....

Hope this helps,

DaveR

Note - If you are looking for a beta tester for the next version count me in - I am running Kali on my Pi4 and Windows (for now)...

2021-01-15_17-45-28.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...