Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Failed to connect to server - time out for several minutes

HI All,

Synergy is an awesome tool, really grateful I am able to purchase and use this tool.  I have also purchased an additional license for my wife to use it the same way on both her PC's.

We both have the same problem though, whenever we shutdown our PC's (Both Windows 10), then the following day restart, the Synergy Log shows Failed to connect to server while server is up and listening. It may take up to 5 minutes before the mouse and keyboard are active on the other PC.  The same problem happens to my wife's setup too.  We both have our individual settings I have my own server configured with my own client and so does she, she has her own server and client too.

What could be the cause of this problem?  Why does it take so long for synergy to establish a connection after so many minutes?? 

I have opened on both the server snd the client PC's port 24800, I am not using TLS. Both PC's are on Wireless and are DHCP allocated IP Addresses. IP Addresses do not change.

I would love to get to the bottom of this cause it is frustrating to have to wait the additional minutes to be able to begin to use the clinet PC with my server mouse and kb.

EDIT: I should also add, before I purchased the second license for my wife's PC's - I still had the same issue with my PC's, it still took up to 5 minutes before I was able to establish connections.

Edited by JimT

Hello @JimT I am will be happy to help and sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the connection. 

Can you please provide me with the screenshots from both Synergy computers once you turn on them? Also, please go to Help - About and clarify for me your Synergy detailed version.