Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse keeps freezing on Linux Client

I'm having issues with my mouse freezing, and also key presses "freezing" in mid-press. In other words, sometimes the input will "freeze" for two or three seconds... and if I happened to press a key at that exact moment... it will register as having been held down until it "unfreezes." So for example. I was about  to type the word "this" and then this was typed  "thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhis..." instead. 

Server: Windows 10
Client: Ubuntu 18

• Like 1

I also experience this issue, and have for years across multiple upgrades of Synergy. I just presumed it was something specific to my network causing the issue. However, after upgrading my entire infrastructure to completely new hardware, (a project I was planning anyways) the issue remained. FWIW, my client and server systems are connected via ethernet to the same switch in my network.

I experience the mouse freeze and/or keyboard "sticky" state exactly as described above dozens of times through the day. I've seen it so often over the years, I know how long I have to wait to get control back. Each freeze lasts roughly 5 seconds.

I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on both client and server machines.

My synergy version is 1.10.3-stable-ca35737a

TrackPoint Forever

Any word on this?

I'm seeing inconsistent problems with Fedora 33 Silverblue (gnome). Server is Windows 10 20h2.

Connections establish, handoff works as expected, but the cursor never moves in the Linux client. Logs and observation suggest it is tracking across the client's display. Keyboard entries work intermittently, I haven't tested the clipboard.

TrackPoint Forever

Update from my end. Likely completely unrelated to the original posts, so my apologies. Solved by reverting to gnome xorg. (failure to rtfm)

Frankly, most nix boxes I touch are headless, I didn't realize the Gnome standard was wayland these days. In Fedora, clicking the options menu before login and selecting "Gnome (xorg)" gets things functioning as expected. Still curious, as my experience with the wayland failures wasn't quite as definitive as the other posts suggest.

Edited by TrackPoint Forever