Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

New Mac (M1) ARM Chip Support

Yeah, I was also able to get it to work as a client and as as server mostly on an Apple Silicon device using Synergy 1 Pro.  I tested it as a client first and then changed it to a server.

My only issue with server was that the display grid is viewable, but I am not able to adjust devices from the grid display.  I was able to switch to autoconfig though and add devices to the grid that way and just edit the names to arrange my screens the way that I like them, and I believe it should be possible to create a configuration file and not use the gui to edit this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding to the others above, Synergy 2.0.12 beta seems to be working fine on a setup that includes an M1 Mac Air, Intel Mac Mini on Catalina, and a Windows 10 desktop. The M1 switching behaves the same as Intel including the occasional disappearing cursor issue on Mac OS. Recovers from sleep also with no issues.

1 hour ago, wayward42 said:

Just adding to the others above, Synergy 2.0.12 beta seems to be working fine on a setup that includes an M1 Mac Air, Intel Mac Mini on Catalina, and a Windows 10 desktop. The M1 switching behaves the same as Intel including the occasional disappearing cursor issue on Mac OS. Recovers from sleep also with no issues.

Spoke a bit too soon. A second recovery from sleep and the keystrokes from the M1 were not registering on the other two computers. Reboot M1 and it's working normally now.

• 1 month later...

Just adding my experience with Synergy 1.13. On a Big Sur 2017 Macbook as server it's fine as a server (of course).

But on a Big Sur 2020 M1 Mac Mini as client, 1.13 works sometimes but involves a lot of restarting and applying the same settings multiple times before it seems to "catch" and work. Typical error message is just "failed to connect to server", despite auto detecting the server.

Edited by boomtown

I think there's something wrong with your settings.  Mine works flawlessly.  I use it every day for months.   Do you specifically assign the ip address for the server?

Edited by USC155
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Tony Pitman

I am running M1 version and it works great except for one issue. I have a macbook as the server and a windows laptop as the client.

When I am doing keyboard input on the windows client and hold any key down to try to repeat that key, it types the key I am holding once and then moves the cursor to the macbook server.

In other words I can't repeat any keys on the keyboard on the windows client.

I can repeat just fine on the macbook server.