Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Not sending special characters over RDP

UnixCommando

Hi,

I'm having a big problem that seems to be synergy related.  My primary machine is a MacBook Pro that I'm running Synergy Server on.  I'm have another MacBook Pro as a Synergy client.  The server is running Mojave, the client is running Catalina.

For my work I have to RDP from the client to a Windows 10 box.  That works, but I get weirdness when I try to work on the Window box, I can't send shifted characters.  All the lower case characters work, but nothing changes when I use either shift key.  Curiously if I turn on the caps lock key I can get uppercase letters, but I still don't any of the special characters, !, @. #, $ etc are all unavailable to me.  I've looked at my Synergy configs and I don't see anything that can help with this, but I thought I'd ask here JIC someone knows what I'm experience.  Oh, yeah, I'm using Synergy V1.

Cheers

-Bob

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Server is Windows 10:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎2020/‎05/‎29
OS build    19042.685
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
Synergy 1.12.2-stable-a52

Client is a Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7

Synergy client 1.12.2-stable-a52

Interacting with the client on its own works perfectly well as expected. The problem happens when I use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app (10.5.0 (1841)) on the Mac client to connect to a Windows machine. The version of Windows I connect to doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Caps lock works to change case, but shift, ctrl and alt don't get passed to the remote desktop client - for those I have to use the macbook's physical keyboard.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional info to help diagnose this?

• 1 month later...