Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Drag and Drop files from screen to sceen

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!

My setup is 2-CPUs, 2-monitors, 1-mouse, 1-keyboard

I'm curious why when I had the trail version of Synergy set up I could drag an image from one screen to another and paste text from one text box to another text box on the other screen, but once I bought the license that feature seems to no longer work.

Is there something else I need to buy to make the drag and drop feature work?

OS is WIN10, (2020) downloaded Synergy a couple of weeks ago, so assume it's current version.

Edited by Andy Black

Following this. I'm having same issue. I've got three machines (it also didn't work with just two): Windows 10 with 1.12.0 stable; Mojave (MacBook Pro) with 1.12.0 stable; Catalina (MacBook Pro) with 1.12 stable. The Macbook Pro with Catalina is the server, and the Win10 and Mojave machines are the clients. All are fresh installs. I just bought Synergy today. I can copy/paste text, but I cannot copy/paste files, nor can I drag and drop files between the machines.

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Alarcon

@Andy Black @Newsdude @Comissar Drag and drop of files is currently not supported. Recent OS updates have affected Synergy functionality to transfer files between computers.

We will fix this in a future version. (This feature has been removed from the list in our website). Sorry for the trouble.

• 1 year later...

Current version of Synergy set up stated I could drag an image from one screen to another and paste text from one text box to another text box on the other screen, costly feature does not work. Synergy Ultimate description on details.

Is there something else I need to buy to make the drag and drop feature work?

• 1 month later...

We are now in 8-2022. Same issue.   Windows to Mac.   No drag and no drop once I buy the paid Ultimate edition.  No copy and no paste. also now.     

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...