Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Are there still plans to release an alpha?

Himmelsfeger

I came here to see if the alpha for S3 is out. After multiple posts last year saying there could be a alpha in Q1 and one for an alpha in Q2-Q3 I thought we are in Q3 and it would at least give an update regarding the alpha her. But I can't find anything.

Are there still plans to release an alpha? If so when?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey, its been a year .. what about synergy 3? should i move on and look for alternatives? ever since synergy 2 this kinda feels abandoned

Edited by vossi

cannot edit my post anymore .. just found out you just recently released a synergy 1 update .. you go guys!! as long as this is working/supported who needs synergy 3 :)

• 1 month later...

I would of expected v3 to be stable by now. It was something like three-four years ago v2 was abandoned, and v3 was started on because of poor results coming from version 2.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Me too! It's been a long four years, let me tell you.

Development has been on and off due to several painful bumps in the road, but we got there and Synergy 3 Alpha 1 has finally launched! 🚀

Make sure you register as an alpha tester if you want to try it. Looking forward to your candid feedback 😃

• Like 1
  • Nick Bolton pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I suspect this is more of a side business. I cannot see a for profit company still having an application still in alpha after three years. Syngery 2 was making a lot of progress in a short time then abandoned.

• 2 months later...

Looking forward to getting the Alpha testing approved.

Does it have "free" monitor positioning like Ver.2 and not snap-to-grid style?

Can you use any keyboard/mouse from any machine and use machines at the same time like Ver.2?

Himmelsfeger
On 1/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, Nick Bolton said:

Hello!

If you'd like to try Synergy 3, please register to be an alpha tester.

Happy testing! 🚀

So I have registered once after the call on discord and once after your post here Nick. I still got now answer or sign that I could test v3.
I don't think I could in good conscience recommend Symless anymore. I feel gaslighted and that sours using any software from you. 

Don't expect any response on this. There was more progress on the project when it was open source. Now things have faded away  after version 2 was pulled.

• 2 months later...
anthonypants

Presumably, a bunch of people have signed up for the Synergy 3 alpha since it was announced at the beginning of the year, but zero people have said anything about it? Did a Synergy 3 alpha ever exist?

I am also very keen to know what the status of Synergy 3 is. I am tending to swap between v1 and v2 as both give me the same experience working between a Macbook (client, on WiFi) and PC (server, wired). Every so often the connections are lost and the most jumps back to the PC when I am working on the Mac.

v1 does make recovering the mouse easier by just stopping and starting synergy on either the PC or Mac, compared to having to kill the process on v2. 

If any version can solve this issue, then I don't care if it is v1, v2 or vn. But I am hoping v3 does!

I gave up, they don’t even answer here or emails. I opted to stay with v2 since I move from PC to PC (or Mac) and I need to use different keyboards/mouse when I do.  I also have my 2 laptops I use when I work remotely on same account, I just don’t position them next to my PCs (free float, non-snap in grid style) and it’s like if I had 2 separate accounts.  v1 and their “grid” style positioning , and only having 1 server didn’t work out for nor isn’t what made me buy v2.  I was hoping v3 was released to try it out,  but never got response.  I’m surprised they even have the domain alive and working.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Edgar said:

I gave up, they don’t even answer here or emails. I opted to stay with v2 since I move from PC to PC (or Mac) and I need to use different keyboards/mouse when I do.  I also have my 2 laptops I use when I work remotely on same account, I just don’t position them next to my PCs (free float, non-snap in grid style) and it’s like if I had 2 separate accounts.  v1 and their “grid” style positioning , and only having 1 server didn’t work out for nor isn’t what made me buy v2.  I was hoping v3 was released to try it out,  but never got response.  I’m surprised they even have the domain alive and working.

Actually, one of their "staff" did answer on the forum. I think those are all fake accounts. There is no way he could have all the people working, and producing nothing to be able to pay them.

• 2 months later...
P Terry from the ATX

I am looking forward to the alpha test and setting up a beta test now.

There is one extremely rare but potentially fatal bug that causes a hard drive to be erased and it only applies to the Mac ecosystem.  It happened to my friend Alex Lindsay, head of OfficeHours.Global and I'd like to explore and potentially help provide a fix for this bug that might only affect 1 in a million uses.  Otherwise, Synergy is awesome and is a few steps way from being a world class app on all platforms.

• 1 month later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Thanks for your patience everyone. We've send out all of the alpha tester invites. If you didn't get yours, please let us know.

• Nick Bolton changed the title to Are there still plans to release an alpha?
  • Nick Bolton unpinned this topic
P Terry from the ATX

Thanks Nick!  Synergy is working pretty well and I have some test machines that I will set up the alpha on.  My setup is a little different, I am using LG Quad monitors with Windows but it seems to be working the 4 hdmi inputs on each of these monitors.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
26 minutes ago, P Terry from the ATX said:

Synergy is working pretty well

Is it Synergy 3 Alpha? 🙂

P Terry from the ATX

Nothing to report on alpha yet, haven't even got it on the test machines.   My street version is working well on the Mac M1s and Beelink/Courtneys that I have on the LG Quad 43".  Adding a mimo monitor and a server with 2 monitors today.  Gotta get my test machines going.

• Like 1