Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows RDP (MSTSC) captures keyboard even when mouse moved to another screen

SixOThree

I am having an issue where RDP running in foreground on the Synergy server machine captures the keystrokes even when the mouse has moved to another screen. This has caused a few embarrassing mistakes where I thought I was typing or deleting something from the computer where the mouse was located and instead deleted something from the remote server.

I am using Synergy version 1.11.0-stable-b2173efb

To reproduce this issue: On the host machine launch RDP (MSTSC.exe) and connect to a remote server. Move the mouse to another screen and start typing, the keystrokes will not be received by the Synergy client machine but instead will be captured by the RDP connected machine.

I have this issue on multiple machines and have searched the forums to no avail. If there is an active thread or guidance for this issue, please point me to it.

Many thanks,
Matthew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Having the same issue. If RDP and Synergy are running, Curse disappears and have to force restart OR shutdown the 2nd machine running synergy and regain mouse control.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 10:08 AM, Joshua Parnell said:

Same issue on Synergy 3 as well. That one issue is what is preventing me from using Synergy opposed to Multiplicity.

Has anyone opened a recent ticket for this relating to V3? I am having the same issue, and it is getting to the point, that I may look to a different provider for my office. Anytime RDP on server system is up, keyboard stays with it, even when cursor is where I want to be editing.... 

• 1 month later...

I am also having this issue after upgrading this weekend to the newest version.

If I have Rdp off everything works as it should, mouse and keyboard both transfer.  If I go to my rdp on my main laptop, the mouse will go to the other laptop but the keyboard stays on the rdp machine.  If I minimize rdp the keyboard works on the client laptop like it should.