Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

after upgrade to 1.11.1 client mouse movement jittery

tinusrautenbach

good afternoon

I upgraded my ubuntu pc from 18.04 to 20.04.  Ubuntu running as server and windows 10 pc as client.  The setup was very stable and working well under synergy 1.8.8.

I then upgraded to 1.11.1 due to no binary available of 1.8.8 for ubuntu 20.04.

The 2 systems connect and work ok, but once the mouse move onto the windowspc it is slow and jerky (ie. sometime get stuck).

any suggestions?

Thanks

wunderdojo

Exact same issue here. 1.8.8 on Ubuntu 19.10 worked flawlessly. 1.11.1 on Ubuntu 20.04 is unusable -- mouse lags and freezes.

• 2 weeks later...
Kevin Stephens

I think the issue came in with a Windows 10 update. I have two Windows 10 machines and I have been using Synergy 1.10 without issue for years. Recently (didn't note the date) the client machine started having the jittery mouse issue. If I restart synergy server ("apply" button) the jittery mouse will stop for awhile and then randomly start up again. I can't speak to Synergy 1.11 yet as I just upgraded it. If it happens again I will up the log level and see if there is anything useful in it.

Kevin Stephens

Notes for support:

• Upgrade to 1.11.0 made no difference.
  • Heard from my sister, who also has 2 windows 10 machines, that she is having the same problem in the last few weeks.
  • So far nothing useful at Debug level of logs. Increasing the debug and I will share if I find anything. 
Kevin Stephens

I have sent some logs to support. For those having the same issue you can restart the server or client with the "Apply" button and the issue will go away for awhile.