Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Having a lot of trouble with Synergy 1.11.1-stable-55ec3105

ivanixdev

Long story, i'll try to make it short.

Long time member but just recently tried using Synergy again.

Installed the version provided by the download link on my   laptop running Ubuntu 18.04 flavor and my macmini running Mojave.

Initially I was able to configure and run the macmini as a server and the laptop as a client, but later I realized that I wanted to run the Synergy server on the laptop and the Synergy client on the macmini.

That seems to be where the trouble started.

The first time I configured new relation it seemed to work ok, then when I had to reboot the laptop I had to start Synergy again, this time the UI prompts with the client mode selected. I keep having to select server mode.  Finally after realizing there are multiple config files and synergy (synergys) programs that run, i found a suitable synergy.conf  for (synergys) (from /tmp/Synergy.###).
So the laptop server seems ok, until the next reboot no doubt.

The mac side is even less cooperative. I tried to bring up Synergy, but now it insists on coming up with the server configuration as default. I keep having to click on the client checkbox (looks like a radio box) and then re-enter the ip of the laptop which should be acting as  a server.  However Synergy on the mac also never seems to save this configuration,  the next time I start the app it goes back to server mode setting.

After overriding and resetting as client with the laptop ip set,  I click on  apply,  but the errors in the log show:

WARNING: failed to connect to server: Timed out
NOTE: connecting to '192.168.50.50': 192.168.50.50:24800
ERROR: tls error occurred (generic failure)
ERROR: openssl error: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
ERROR: failed to connect secure socket
WARNING: failed to connect to server: Timed out
NOTE: connecting to '192.168.50.50': 192.168.50.50:24800
ERROR: tls error occurred (generic failure)
ERROR: openssl error: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
ERROR: failed to connect secure socket

I have no idea how to clean out the old server mode configuration on the mac which I think is interfering with my wish to make it act as a client.

Any ideas about how to do this?

Edited by ivanixdev
typo
Daniel Alarcon

@ivanixdev  Can you please do the following:

1. Configure Synergy on both computers.

2. Stop and Quit the application (To save the config file permanently).

3. Reboot, let me know if the configuration is now saved.