Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse/cursor speed slow for high resolution screen

I am currently using synergy to connect to my 4K laptop, My main monitor is 1080p. The program works well but every time I use my mouse over to my Laptop screen, it's extremely slow. Is there any fixes for this? I have already deactivated scaling for high DPI value for Synergy.exe,Synergyc.exe and Synergys.exe, this hasn't fixed the issue.

What OS combination are you using, and what release of Synergy is installed? Also -- are you connected via wireless or hard-wired? Any add-in programs on either side that might affect things? 

Thanks for getting back. Both using Win10, Version 1.11.1 basic, And its hard-wired. Im not sure if there are any programs that would be conflicting, just got basic general use programs. The only issue is that dpi scaling isn't working.

Cool. Going to defer to the tech support guys on this -- I'm more of a Mac / Linux user -- but that info will be important to them.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
jwashburn

I know this is a year old, but same issue.  Using a Retina Imac as my main machine with two windows laptops connected.  The mouse is very slow on the laptops unless I change the screen resolution on the latptops to 1920x1080.  Not ideal, but it will keep your mouse the same speed

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chalk me up for another one as well, 2022, Windows 10 2560x1440 to a macbook pro connected to an external 4k monitor scaled to 2560x1140. Randomly the cursor turns into a skipping sluggish mess. Quickly jiggling the mouse or moving it back and forth between screens can sometimes fix the issue. 

But also images do not work cross platform, overall, this program had a lot of hype but the reality is far from hype. 

• 8 months later...

I just experienced the same thing:

PC1: Win10 15" 4K display set at 3840x2160 with 300% scaling

PC2: Win11 43" 4K display set at 3840x2160 with 150% scaling

Mouse speed on PC2 was twice as fast as it should be.

I had to adjust PC1 resolution down to 1920x1080 with 150% scaling for the mouse speeds to match.

Edited by Logicull
Added workaround