Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client disconnects after login.

Hi, 

I'm using an iMac 27" as my server (with no VPN) and my PC laptop as client (with VPN.) They connect without any issues and everything works beautifully. After several hours of working, whenever I lock my PC and log back in, it disconnects from my iMac.

I can't reconnect with Synergy until I disconnect my VPN. Once I disconnect my VPN my PC connects automatically back with my iMac's Synergy and all is well again. I then connect my VPN again and it all works perfectly until my computer gets locked and I log in again.

Any idea why this is happening/how to overcome it?

Thanks,

Diego

Kelvin Tran
On 4/24/2020 at 12:16 PM, Diego L said:

Hi, 

I'm using an iMac 27" as my server (with no VPN) and my PC laptop as client (with VPN.) They connect without any issues and everything works beautifully. After several hours of working, whenever I lock my PC and log back in, it disconnects from my iMac.

I can't reconnect with Synergy until I disconnect my VPN. Once I disconnect my VPN my PC connects automatically back with my iMac's Synergy and all is well again. I then connect my VPN again and it all works perfectly until my computer gets locked and I log in again.

Any idea why this is happening/how to overcome it?

Thanks,

Diego

Does this behavior occur without the VPN enabled?

Edited by Kelvin Tran